Review Dogs choke the life out of The Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t know how to find this, but I would be more interested in time in forward half compared with i50’s. Felt like the pressure was good and we locked the ball in. Workman like performance.

We didn’t

Naughton played to his strengths
20 Disposals, 13 Score Involvements, 4 Goal Assists, 10 contested possessions, 8 Marks, 2 contested marks, Score 1.1
Might not have got a bag of goals but this was arguably the most influential game he has played. It was a different game from Naughton. Would love to see a heat map.

IMG_1689.jpeg

Every time I feel like venting over the state of our list and the quality of our 'bottom six' or whatever, I will remind myself that an insanely rich, powerful football club with a supine, complacent, massive fan base could allow itself to have a list the standard of West Coast's.
And I will shut up.

I mean, Chesser? Maric? Petruccelle? Hough? Cole? Jamain Jones? Just-goers like Long, Rotham, Waterman, Harry Barnett or Jayden Hunt?

They're miles off.

No.
But I wouldn’t have sooked about it if I had.
Have you heard people saying stupid things on this website?
Writing long essays like they make believe they are journalists?
Making up childish and stupid names?
Don’t get me wrong, sometimes the commentary isn’t great, but at least their being paid.
The sooking about them is more about jealousy.
Hai Dermott.

We sorry.

Easy win against a team that beat us easily last year. Weird. Test will be this week.

Can't say much more than already has been said about Dermie, but suggestions by the commentary team WCE need priority draft assistance are absurd. They won a flag in 2018.

How Derm has managed to eke out a career in commentary and special comments is unbelievable. A grade fool.

Vandermeer - 25 years old, 47 games across 5 seasons.
Finally! Round 3, 2024 plays a game that justifies his spot in the team.
One out of the box: 23 possessions, 10 Marks, 8 score involvements, 2 goal assists, 8 contested possessions & a goal.
104 Dream Team Points

Something close to this each week would be nice.

Not so slow Dogs: JJ, Bramble, Baker and Vandermeer

Naughton played to his strengths
20 Disposals, 13 Score Involvements, 4 Goal Assists, 10 contested possessions, 8 Marks, 2 contested marks, Score 1.1
Might not have got a bag of goals but this was arguably the most influential game he has played. It was a different game from Naughton. Would love to see a heat map.
He repeatedly ran down-back and the wing providing the connection from defense to attack. His ground ball agility is truly elite for a man of his size and power. Meaning when he is not able to take the mark, his crashing packs and bullying the opposition at ground level. Where we win possession - as there are few if any defenders who can keep up with him in traffic, he is then running into the forward line without his direct opponent. This is a nightmare for the defenders. And explains the 8 score involvements.

We shall see how this works against top teams but it's an approach a few of us have been advocating for a while.

Mysterious Centre Square shellacking v Westcoast
This was outrageous. Have we ever lost center square clearances this badly? and if we have, I can't imagine we still won the game and this easily?

If I was cynical, id say we were using west coast to test our defence and rebound run.

Lets hope vander can get some continuity with his hamstrings. Could have had 3 goals if he kicked straight.

In fact we saw a lot of Naughton, Jamarra and Cody running deep into the midfield and leading at the ball carrier, but Naughton was outstanding when it was his turn. More of this please

Easy win against a team that beat us easily last year. Weird. Test will be this week.

Can't say much more than already has been said about Dermie, but suggestions by the commentary team WCE need priority draft assistance are absurd. They won a flag in 2018.

How Derm has managed to eke out a career in commentary and special comments is unbelievable. A grade fool.

Agree. Priority draft assistance should be banned.

I was at the game and haven't seen the replay.
Did anyone see Baz during the broadcast? (I seem to recall there was talk of him spending time in the coach's box)

Last edited:
Finally supporters realise what VDM adds to the side
The coaches of course get the benefit of seeing him up close at training and all the match day data etc, which is why they have persisted with him. Spectators don’t notice as much the sprint efforts and tackle attempts that go unrewarded.

It was good to see him put in a pretty competent offensive effort to go along with the defence. Really hope he goes forward from here.

The coaches of course get the benefit of seeing him up close at training and all the match day data etc, which is why they have persisted with him. Spectators don’t notice as much the sprint efforts and tackle attempts that go unrewarded.

It was good to see him put in a pretty competent offensive effort to go along with the defence. Really hope he goes forward from here.

Hammy's have done him no favours

Hopefully he gets a clean run to see exactly where he is at

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Indeed. They are the biggest club in the League and have a large "go home" factor to attract free and non-free agents. The last time, they got such assistance they netted Shuey and Darling.

Does he have to be in a different blonde’s box every weekend?
Steve Harvey Reaction GIF

I reckon the worst thing to happen for English’s footy career was growing to ruck height. If he was 195cm he’d be a tall mid-forward hybrid and would be one of the best players in the league.
Yeah , that is a fair observation.
Can’t ruck to save himself against anyone any good.

I reckon the worst thing to happen for English’s footy career was growing to ruck height. If he was 195cm he’d be a tall mid-forward hybrid and would be one of the best players in the league.
Disagree. At that height as a midfielder you need to be a contested beast or you risk being Cale Morton (probably wasn’t 195cm).

I think the worst thing was his determination to be a #1 Ruck and from a development perspective his first 50-odd games he should have had ruck support from a bigger body.

Was the free against Baker for taking the player's legs out at the end of 3rd quarter fair? Seemed like he got to the ball ok and the opponent came in and tripped over him

Was the free against Baker for taking the player's legs out at the end of 3rd quarter fair? Seemed like he got to the ball ok and the opponent came in and tripped over him
That's what I thought in real time

That's what I thought in real time
yeah the dogs supporters at the ground did too and even on replay seemed BS but commentators all said 'That's exactly what the rule is for' wtf

I think he went low and did make contact below the knee so yeah fair. The confusing ones for me were:

- HTB on Bont after he had taken a mark. Yes he had taken half a step but the umpire definitely did not call play on before he was tackled so it should have been (a harsh) 50m penalty.

- There was a score review for a WCE behind where even if the ball hadn’t crossed then JJ had rushed it over 5 seconds later anyway. If it wasn’t a behind would they have paid a deliberate rushed free against JJ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back