Review Dogs choke the life out of The Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

Sometimes I pinch myself that Liam Jones is back at the club.

We’re not winning a flag this year but it’s much better to see some progress this year with our youth. Khamis, Bramble, Sanders and Gallagher playing every week. Garcia, Clarke and JOD pushing for selection. Also love seeing some variety in our midfield finally, essentially played without Libba and/or Bont in there for a large part of the game.

Bailey Williams had a great performance for his first game back in defence

Sometimes I pinch myself that Liam Jones is back at the club.

Imagine that Carlton side with Jones…

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We’re not winning a flag this year but it’s much better to see some progress this year with our youth. Khamis, Bramble, Sanders and Gallagher playing every week. Garcia, Clarke and JOD pushing for selection. Also love seeing some variety in our midfield finally, essentially played without Libba and/or Bont in there for a large part of the game.

Why not? I think we can beat anyone if we’re firing on all cylinders.

Getting a flag should absolutely be the goal this year.

A bit of usual negative stuff about us not beating Eagles by enough and a top 4 side would have beaten them
By 100+🤦🏼‍♂️
Weagles played two preliminary finalists/top four sides in rounds 1 and 2 and lost by 50 and 65. They scored more and lost by less. We can be really hard markers sometimes.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Why not? I think we can beat anyone if we’re firing on all cylinders.

Getting a flag should absolutely be the goal this year.

Agreed. Besides the midfield looking alittle one paced. We certainly can beat anyone. And at this stage of the year you don’t want to be playing at your absolute best. Plenty of time to evolve.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On my way back from the game and intending to watch a couple of quarters of the replay, but dreading it after reading all of these comments about Derm. Was it terrible, even by his standards??

Competent win, by the way. Not sure we really clicked for most of the game. We missed Bont in the middle. But it’s a W, and there were some very good signs from some of the lesser lights.

It’s round 3. I don’t see why we can’t be in the race for a flag this year. We are much better than what we showed round 1 vs Melbourne who were into their second game.

We can win it

On my way back from the game and intending to watch a couple of quarters of the replay, but dreading it after reading all of these comments about Derm. Was it terrible, even by his standards??

Competent win, by the way. Not sure we really clicked for most of the game. We missed Bont in the middle. But it’s a W, and there were some very good signs from some of the lesser lights.

He really was that bad.

A couple of Dermie’s beauties in the last:

1. Riley West’s a left footer just like his Dad.
2. ‘Nothing in it’ after VDM gets smashed from behind half an hour after he gets rid of it resulting in a down field free…I can keep going. Poor campaigner is cooked.
Botox injections to the brain will do that. He genuinely makes games unwatchable. What a moron.

Given WC have been diabolical for a few years now people just expect a bulldozing but you shouldn’t take it for granted.

We all recruit our players from the same pool, they still have some premiership players and coaches and every year you get a few big upsets (unfortunately including us and they last season).

A 76 point win against anyone is fine.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back