Review Dogs scrape home against Oranges 62-57

Remove this Banner Ad

What's going on here? This is the aftermath to the match winning goal JUH kicked after the Bont managed to clear the ball to VDM whilst surrounded by nothing but orange

1660453252293.png

Last edited:

Meeting their contractual duties to perform and genuinely believing in the coach are different things. The latter can't be forced or manufactured.

If you don’t believe in the message you don’t believe in it, contractually obliged or not.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Jeez a lot is being made of a single comment in the Bevo presser. Pretty optimistic he loves his boys and his boys love him. The possibility of staleness and frustration is there but he’s stating a fact that our ball use has been poor. Don’t think there’s really a lot to see there.

We’ve had a stinky year after a very tough GF loss. It’s not easy to drain the bath water without throwing out the baby but give it a try now and then boys and girls.

We definitely need a big look in the mirror but assuming the club will be giving itself an A+ this off-season is prettty dumb.

Let’s give the coach who took us to a GF for the second time in 60 years less than 12 months ago some rope maybe.

Not aiming to shut down chatter, this is just my take which I feel balances out the tone of the forum a bit.

He no doubt makes pretty whacky selections and confuses us, but from the outside looking in there is a method to selection that the players understand. It’s a squad mentality 98% of the time.

While I have a hard time watching a slow footed key defence get murdered on leads, or our midfielders ruck, or Mitch Hannan distributing off half back,

We’ve seen Moyd become AA at half back.

Dale become AA there.

Naughts become a gun forward.

JUH has seemingly been very well handled as a tricky case to develop during COVID interrupted draft and debut years.

West has become best 22. Although I know many will say that was a foregone conclusion and he should’ve been played earlier.

It’s tricky, he’s good at confusing us, but he’s gotten good results for the this footy club. I’d actually say he’s totally transformed our identity as a club. We are finally respected even though we’d all love a dynasty right now.

Footys just so weird and funny. 18 months ago we smashed Collingwood in round 1 and ended their era. Now they’re in the top two and we’re a bit off. I think what it teaches you is none of us are really experts right now. Footy is our master and will continue to humble us.

How good was Leek Aleer for GWS by the way. Looks a future gun.

Looked impressive and plenty of tools to work with, stronger that what he looks like he is too.

Had second hand cringe though when at one stage one of the commentators called him Allir Allir….

Which part of the game was the Cordy bump? Trying to find it on the replay..

Zero chance he goes for it, it's within five metres and shoulder to shoulder so Cordy didn't catch him high. Just should be filed in the shit happens pile

Zero chance he goes for it, it's within five metres and shoulder to shoulder so Cordy didn't catch him high. Just should be filed in the s**t happens pile

Would be absolute BS if he goes for that but don’t rule it out!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's going on here? This is the aftermath to the match winning goal JUH kicked after the Bont managed to clear the ball to VDM surrounded by nothing but orange

View attachment 1476806

Didn't look great live. It went on for some time too, Bont repeatedly motioning with a bumping or shepherding motion, trying to make a point. It may be quite innocent, but visually gave a poor impression. Hard to tell who was extending the discussion, as each time Bont motioned, Baz seemed to say something. Think either/both should have left it there after the first exchange.

Cordy referred straight to the tribunal for his perfectly executed shepherd that the GWS player lacked awareness to during his chase.

Ungraded so should rightfully be cleared, but who knows with the AFL these days.

Pretty gutless pulling someone's leg out who is watching the play move AWAY from them. But then look who his team mate has been for years.
outside the laws of the game too.
interesting how it has been ignored, but an execution of a skill within the game is going to the tribunal.

Didn't look great live. It went on for some time too, Bont repeatedly motioning with a bumping or shepherding motion, trying to make a point. It may be quite innocent, but visually gave a poor impression. Hard to tell who was extending the discussion, as each time Bont motioned, Baz seemed to say something. Think either/both should have left it there after the first exchange.
I got the impression Bont was making a point about applying yourself to do the selfless things when you don't have the ball.
Baz doesn't appear ready to hear the message.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back