Toast Dom Sheed

Remove this Banner Ad

Love how he gives it to the collingwood fans on the fence after his goal . They must have been giving it to him as he was lining up to take his kick .
he gave it to the doubters when he was interviewed straight after the game. Something like "we had doubters all year but were getting that medal around our neck"

I was sheed defender all year ...he has that ability you can’t really teach .....finding the ball

He just needed to believe he wasn’t playing for his spot each time. That pressure caused him to chase kicks

He’s actually a good kick and reasonable decision maker ...

Maybe with gaff out he knew he was safe in the team.....yes logic says players need pressure ...but some are different ....sheed stood up yesterday not just his goal ....he was awesome all day

And the previous finals as well.

Dom was average at best through out the year. Showed no confidence and looked slow and frustrated.
Then Gaff went down and he was given a job to do with a lot more responsibility that came with it.

He worked himself into form. Ran his arse off to get into dangerous positions. Stood up in the contest again and again.

Then he copped a Gatorade shower and cometh the hour cometh the man.

If Gaff leaves Dom has an opportunity to elevate his game even more. He has been huge these last 8 weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have to admit I was always annoyed that he was pigeon holed as a inside midfielder. I really rated his disposal and his decision making more then anything else. With Gaff going down, he found his role now as a more outside player.

The reality is, not everyone was meant to win the contested football. Someone needs to be on the end of that handball to turn it into good work. Sheed did that in abundance this last 6 weeks.

Even if Gaff stays I hope Sheeds role stays the same and he is allowed to create for us. He has proven well and truly he belongs in that role

Hypothetical question: Would Patrick Cripps have kicked that goal? No point in selling the farm to get Cripps - we made the correct choice in 2013 and as stated 1-2 years ago Sheed is going to be better than Cripps.

I've come to his defence on here many times. He is a great decision maker and a good kick. He slows the game down with ball in hand and waits for the right option. Sometimes this means he will get caught, but not often. His field kicking is excellent, just prone to one absolute clanger a game that usually.results in an oppo goal. No diff to McGovern in that regard.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back