Toast Dom Sheed

Remove this Banner Ad

I've come to his defence on here many times. He is a great decision maker and a good kick. He slows the game down with ball in hand and waits for the right option. Sometimes this means he will get caught, but not often. His field kicking is excellent, just prone to one absolute clanger a game that usually.results in an oppo goal. No diff to McGovern in that regard.

Tom Langdon has copped the same from Pies supporters for years - another one who was arguably his teams most important player on the biggest stage of all.

Thought it was great that Dom went head to head at stages against Pendlebury on Saturday. He compared himself to Pendles pre-draft and he's certainly on the right trajectory to becoming just as good a player as SP.

I just decided to read some of the 10,000 posts by Eagle87 (not many I can only handle a small amount of bullshit) who called every poster an idiot who were in favour of drafting Dom Sheed over Aish in their draft year. Anyway Eagle87 if your reading this I always knew you were a Nuff Nuff.
Aish went from being clear number one pick with potential to be anything, to becoming a s**t footballer.

Most people in 2013 would have wanted aish.

I just decided to read some of the 10,000 posts by Eagle87 (not many I can only handle a small amount of bullshit) who called every poster an idiot who were in favour of drafting Dom Sheed over Aish in their draft year. Anyway Eagle87 if your reading this I always knew you were a Nuff Nuff.

Eagle87 made the right call when he said WC would never win a premiership with Priddis in the side. Lo and behold, the very year after Priddis retires...

Point is that we all make s**t calls from time to time. Sometimes we get it right, sometimes not so much. Such is Figbooty life.

Eagle87 made the right call when he said WC would never win a premiership with Priddis in the side. Lo and behold, the very year after Priddis retires...

Point is that we all make s**t calls from time to time. Sometimes we get it right, sometimes not so much. Such is Figbooty life.

Big difference between making a s**t call from time to time and actively berating the f*** out of those who hold a contrary opinion. Eagle87 was firmly in the latter camp. If you are going to abuse those who were right all along you deserve the flak you cop in return.

Big difference between making a s**t call from time to time and actively berating the f*** out of those who hold a contrary opinion. Eagle87 was firmly in the latter camp. If you are going to abuse those who were right all along you deserve the flak you cop in return.

I didn't make mention of the character of Eagle87. If someone is going to have a go at him for making bad calls, then it's fair to weigh it up against his good calls. If Eagle87 is acting/acted like a Karmichael Hunt, call him out on his character rather than his opinions on football.

Last edited:

The main reason I’m sure he liked Aish was that he thought his dad was a gun in the SANFL back in the day.

I didn't make mention of the character of Eagle87. If someone is going to have a go at him for making bad calls, then it's fair to weigh it up against his good calls. If Eagle87 is acting/acted like a Karmichael Hunt, call him out on his character rather than his opinions on football.

There's a reason we aren't dredging up the wrong calls of most other posters on the board to gloat.

He's been called out numerous times on his character, this is just icing on the cake.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's a reason we aren't dredging up the wrong calls of most other posters on the board to gloat.

He's been called out numerous times on his character, this is just icing on the cake.

If the poster PremiershipNo.4 uses Eagle87's own position against him with quotes, that's valid. Attacking Eagle87's character with the dredging up the wrong calls is rather limp-wristed, IMO. If you and others wish to go down this route, it's up to you.

A 's**t calls' thread would be great. I was all for trading Darling to GC for Bennell a couple of years ago - what a spectacular heck up that would have been. It wasn't that I didn't rate Darling (I did and I do) I just thought his was a position we could cover and that we were crying out for a quality goal scoring mid.

A 's**t calls' thread would be great. I was all for trading Darling to GC for Bennell a couple of years ago - what a spectacular **** up that would have been. It wasn't that I didn't rate Darling (I did and I do) I just thought his was a position we could cover and that we were crying out for a quality goal scoring mid.

Brother, we've all been there at one point or another.

I made a call when we were wooden spooners that we would still win a premiership before the dockers and bulldogs. I was arguing with a local bulldogs fan that also had a soft spot for the dockers. 1 right, 1 wrong.

On Sheed, congratulations to him for turning his season around and being a key player in our triumph

Did we make the right call picking up Sheed instead of Cripps, probably not but doesn't matter now, we got a premiership out of it. If we had cripps Yeo possibly wouldn't have been playing in the midfield.

I made a call when we were wooden spooners that we would still win a premiership before the dockers and bulldogs. I was arguing with a local bulldogs fan that also had a soft spot for the dockers. 1 right, 1 wrong.

On Sheed, congratulations to him for turning his season around and being a key player in our triumph

Did we make the right call picking up Sheed instead of Cripps, probably not but doesn't matter now, we got a premiership out of it. If we had cripps Yeo possibly wouldn't have been playing in the midfield.

Cripps wouldn't have kicked that goal.

If he wants to return home and play with his cousin, great, but Carlton would probably demand our first, second and third round picks along with Luke Shuey and our first born children.

If he wants to return home and play with his cousin, great, but Carlton would probably demand our first, second and third round picks along with Luke Shuey and our first born children.

You are correct, the main knock on Cripps is his disposal by foot. He is captain now and on a long term deal, we don't need to compare them from now on. If Sheed never does another thing for us he will still be forever more a club legend

Are they related?

When he got asked about who would win the GF, he said Wect Coast because of the two Northampton lads.
That would usually be a moment where you would mention Jamie as your cousin.

Are they related?

When he got asked about who would win the GF, he said Wect Coast because of the two Northampton lads.
That would usually be a moment where you would mention Jamie as your cousin.
They're third cousins IIRC. I'm more related to Jamie Cripps (share great grandparents) than he is to Patrick Cripps. However, I'm no relation to Patrick Cripps as it's on the other side. They're also related to Chris Mainwaring.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back