Toast Dom Sheed

Remove this Banner Ad

They're third cousins IIRC. I'm more related to Jamie Cripps (share great grandparents) than he is to Patrick Cripps. However, I'm no relation to Patrick Cripps as it's on the other side. They're also related to Chris Mainwaring.
Yeah that would have been my guess.

I

Are they related?

When he got asked about who would win the GF, he said Wect Coast because of the two Northampton lads.
That would usually be a moment where you would mention Jamie as your cousin.

You cant throw a rock without hitting a cripps in the midwest

One of my suppliers - as soon as i said cripps? Straight away said “the s**t at footy cripps”

Is Dom the best 'second string' mid in the competition?

Obviously our first choice on ball division is Kelly, Shuey and Yeo. But to have a clutch, goal-kicking, Grand Final winning left footer as the first rotation is such an asset to our side. Just seems like a ripper and humble character too.

Love you Dom, and all you bring to the club. :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

Obviously our first choice on ball division is Kelly, Shuey and Yeo. But to have a clutch, goal-kicking, Grand Final winning left footer as the first rotation is such an asset to our side. Just seems like a ripper and humble character too.

He’s still improving too. I think he could play 250+ games.

Not sure what his ceiling is? - could he ever be an AA? B&F?

Always had a lot of time for him.

In 2019 had a number of high 30s disposal games and kicked 16 goals for the year, he would star being a starting mid just coming into his prime! Our midfield is very balanced every mid brings something different.

His kicking was on point today. When on, he's kicking is so good to watch.

The left foot is a tracer bullet. Sheed, Shuey and Kelly all hit these line drives into the 50 its beautiful.

I remember all the fuss about his draft. A few teams reached and some players lasted until pick 6 that weren't expected to so was a controversial trade according you some here. The fact I can't remember who they were says everything in terms of what they've achieved.

Edit: Aish! Lasted to pick 7. Dodged one there for sure.

Was doing everything yesterday though. Tackling, kicking goals, getting a stack of the ball. He's in fantastic form. Looks to be loving it too

Edit: did we get Barrass with the other pick coming from Collingwood?

Last edited:
He seems to click best when he’s playing a slightly outside role like he did when Gaff was suspended. Struggles when having to go full time flank, and I don’t think you want him as your prime on-baller as he’s not good enough defensively. But when the balance is right, he can do a lot of damage whilst racking it up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In 2019 he had 14 games where he laid zero or one tackle - almost 60% of games played. But that has gone down this year and had no games like that since we started this winning streak.

I reckon his 0-1 tackle counts are a bit of a barometer for us. Last year he had 0-1 tackles in the losses to Geelong and Port, Richmond, Hawthorn and then Geelong again in the SF.

In 2019 he had 14 games where he laid zero or one tackle - almost 60% of games played. But that has gone down this year and had no games like that since we started this winning streak.

I reckon his 0-1 tackle counts are a bit of a barometer for us. Last year he had 0-1 tackles in the losses to Geelong and Port, Richmond, Hawthorn and then Geelong again in the SF.
Could it be a coaching/structure issue as opposed to a Dom Sheed issue?

the more likely he can do this, the more likely we see Shuey/Kelly/Yeo go forward.

He seems to click best when he’s playing a slightly outside role like he did when Gaff was suspended. Struggles when having to go full time flank, and I don’t think you want him as your prime on-baller as he’s not good enough defensively. But when the balance is right, he can do a lot of damage whilst racking it up
but in the 2018 finals series they swapped him and Redden around. He spent more time in the guts and Redden on a wing.

Moving Brander off the wing has seriously changed the dynamic of our midfield with our mid all being able to play to their strengths.

Sheed could have easily cruised the rest his career after his GF performance but in 2019 he really worked his ass off to get better and become a more consistent ball winner but just lacked the physical edge. This year he has continued his form but worked on his tackling and he is becoming a well rounded player.

Honestly don’t think I’ve ever seen him miss from that 25-40m area on the left flank. If he gets the ball there you might as well start walking back to the centre, flushes it every time.

Good analysis/insight. For shiggles I looked at his stats in the GF. 32 touches, 15 contested, 8 clearances, 400m gained and a goal.

Zero tackles 😂

Good analysis/insight. For shiggles I looked at his stats in the GF. 32 touches, 15 contested, 8 clearances, 400m gained and a goal.

Zero tackles 😂
Yeah I definitely wouldn’t suggest that we lose when or because he has no tackles. But he does seem to have no tackles often when we lose, especially when we lose badly like most of the examples provided above. Correlation not causation etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back