Toast Duggan already our best player.

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought his break out year would be 2018, a premature evaluation.
I’d rather have the option of him coming into the guts and moving one of those the three big dawgs forward

Shuey and Kelly are the forwards. Get say Narkle who is more a pure inside mid then Shuey can move to a hff as he gets older.

What ever happened to that thread about the super powers of the jersey 14 that someone was writing in here one off-season? It was brilliantly written. Did the ending ever get published? I can‘t remember what happened?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Him in the midfield is a great dynamic. Developing as a backman, he does the team
Things first, plays the percentages when they’re there to be played and tough as nails. It’s a nice ying to the rest of the midfields yang

Its something we lack with our mids other than Yeo. Shuey , Sheed, Gaff & Kelly when they all roll into the middle they have an attack mindset and never do the defensive stuff if it doesn't go their way.

Its something we lack with our mids other than Yeo. Shuey , Sheed, Gaff & Kelly when they all roll into the middle they have an attack mindset and never do the defensive stuff if it doesn't go their way.
Problem is Duggan isn’t really fast enough to apply much pressure when the ball is turned over in the middle. At least he will try and chase though unlike Dominic

We certainly need more from him, 26 & closing on 150 games.
Hopefully we can put 2022 down to playing with injuries, & this season he can get a good run.

With Shuey starting on the half back line at centre bounces, I fear we are going to be one man down in the back six.

Duggan's best has always been pretty good. It's really been that he plays a few games at his best, gets injured and then, once he returns from injury, he takes quite a while to get back to his best (or doesn't due to carrying the injury still). He isn't elite by any stretch and we definitely need more from him going forward, but he is a very handy player for us, in the right age bracket, if he can stay injury free.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back