EDFL Premier Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

As I've said numerous times before, should have called off the season after Good Friday when Keilor beat Strathmore again.

Would have saved EK and President Pat 400k.
Edfl got what they wanted. A competition dominated in all divisions by keilor.
This league is now stuffed. I’m sorry, but it’s true. Seniors, reserves, thirds, juniors.

When they allowed them to build a stronghold by recruiting kids as young as 12 the league did absolutely nothing. That’s the reality gents!

Douttas won by 20 points - 100 to 80. Guessing Pat will have kicked Douttas out of the rooms 5 minutes after the game so he could go home and think of ways to blame the players for the loss

On SM-S928B using BigFooty.com mobile app
There is going to be some excited mercenaries around the state, Deer Park & EK about to really open the shoulders and make some offers … to avoid relegation 😜

Deer Park very good premier division side 🤥, embarrassing, they have Shannon Byrnes well past it not doing himself any favours self destructing good on him for helping them out atleast, Majak doesn’t even play, their ressies forfeit, should of just stayed in the western league don’t think anyone disagrees, no juniors 18s or ressies u just won’t survive

Checked out PV v Keilor today - Keilor’s performance the most complete performance I’ve seen in Premier Division for some time.

An absolute domination in every single indicator. That one could leave some deep scars for the Panthers!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This league is now stuffed. I’m sorry, but it’s true. Seniors, reserves, thirds, juniors.

When they allowed them to build a stronghold by recruiting kids as young as 12 the league did absolutely nothing. That’s the reality gents!
What a load of sh*t. Parents take their kids to Keilor because the culture throughout the club is first class and once part of that culture, they usually want to stay. Any club can do the same thing and some do, but it takes the best part of a decade for the fruits of the labour to be realised. Perhaps the rules should be changed anytime a team other than yours is having success.

So are you saying they are recruiting kids by offering incentives/paying to recruit these kids? Bit like the AFL where private schools offer scholarships ?

Deer Park very good premier division side 🤥, embarrassing, they have Shannon Byrnes well past it not doing himself any favours self destructing good on him for helping them out atleast, Majak doesn’t even play, their ressies forfeit, should of just stayed in the western league don’t think anyone disagrees, no juniors 18s or ressies u just won’t survive
Have the edfl lowered points to help dp out Majak was 6 now 5 his brother was 5 now 4 knight was 3 now 2 ?

What a load of sh*t. Parents take their kids to Keilor because the culture throughout the club is first class and once part of that culture, they usually want to stay. Any club can do the same thing and some do, but it takes the best part of a decade for the fruits of the labour to be realised. Perhaps the rules should be changed anytime a team other than yours is having success.
Wouldn’t it be great for the league to run a spreadsheet of kids who have gone to keilor over that period. Would be easy to create.

Majority of those where recruited with promises and spoken to by coach X prior to coming across, NOT parents wanting to take kids there randomly. You know that as well.. I think your one that drinks from the white van for $50 during away games.

I just have always thought that was a low way to get kids in, hence your reserves and thirds are strong.

Keilor just have one of the great teams ever in the competition, hasn’t been forever, won’t be forever. Something drastic would need to change for it to be a competitive GF this season. Can either suck it up and get better, or whinge.

Still plenty of interest, and lots of big games to play out every week. How much is there between Abers, Pacco & Mores ? And might be even less between Greenvale, Douttas, East Keilor, Avondale, Deer Park and Airport West.

If Deer Park do get relegated, we could be starting a viscous cycle of up/down for years. The Deer Park mercernary method works at the 2nd tier/WRFL but gets completely shown up in a real Premier comp.

How many seasons until you crawl back to WRFL to find your next on

Keilor just have one of the great teams ever in the competition, hasn’t been forever, won’t be forever. Something drastic would need to change for it to be a competitive GF this season. Can either suck it up and get better, or whinge.

Still plenty of interest, and lots of big games to play out every week. How much is there between Abers, Pacco & Mores ? And might be even less between Greenvale, Douttas, East Keilor, Avondale, Deer Park and Airport West.

If Deer Park do get relegated, we could be starting a viscous cycle of up/down for years. The Deer Park mercernary method works at the 2nd tier/WRFL but gets completely shown up in a real Premier comp.
That last paragraph says it all........🥱
Yeah cause the Pascoe Vale method seems to be going well also. One thing for the newbies to get done by 20 goals and there are issue here at the lions no doubt, but half of you so call keyboard experts had PV as the likely challengers to Keilor. Surely they too didn't get beat by 20+....... Credibility out the door for most of you!😆👌

That last paragraph says it all........🥱
Yeah cause the Pascoe Vale method seems to be going well also. One thing for the newbies to get done by 20 goals and there are issue here at the lions no doubt, but half of you so call keyboard experts had PV as the likely challengers to Keilor. Surely they too didn't get beat by 20+....... Credibility out the door for most of you!😆👌
Pacco will still likely play of in a Grand Final and are 5-1 ? Those newbies you talk of couldn’t stop boasting how great they were in the small little pond, $500k footy budget to be in a tight relagation battle. Can’t see the difference here mate ?

How many seasons until you crawl back to WRFL to find your next on

Pacco will still likely play of in a Grand Final and are 5-1 ? Those newbies you talk of couldn’t stop boasting how great they were in the small little pond, $500k footy budget to be in a tight relagation battle. Can’t see the difference here mate ?
Plenty of clubs scrambling to justify their existence in the top flight. False hope getting done by 23 goals and calling themselves contenders. That 76 point loss in round 1 doesn't look that bad after all. Yep your right no difference.......🤪🥱

Well based upon what I have read on here and today's scores there are three certainties:
1. Deer Park are shite and will be relegated.
2. East Keilor are shite and might be relegated.
3. Keilor are an exceptional side in beating Pacco by 20 goals and I need to reassess my view that either Echuca or Yarrawonga would get near them no matter where it was played!!

Well based upon what I have read on here and today's scores there are three certainties:
1. Deer Park are shite and will be relegated.
2. East Keilor are shite and might be relegated.
3. Keilor are an exceptional side in beating Pacco by 20 goals and I need to reassess my view that either Echuca or Yarrawonga would get near them no matter where it was played!!
Don’t think anyone was trying to disrespect either Yarra or Echuca, this Keilor team is very, very good

Remove this Banner Ad

Back