Toast Elliot Yeo appreciation thread

Remove this Banner Ad

EagleCanival

Club Legend
Sep 21, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
I'm not going to lie. Whilst reading all the hype you people were giving this kid on the offseason, I thought he was overrated. He has proven me, as well as all doubters wrong that he can absolutely bring it.

Can he play forward? Well he's a damn good mark and was providing good leads everytime the ball was down there.

Can he defend? he took see clutch mark, after clutch mark and never gave his man a chance to breath.

In the guts? The bloke is a clearance and contested possesion machine.

He's the one guy I'm always confident is going to make a good decision under pressure and he showed what he could do in all three positions today.

All Hail King Yeo!

I'm not going to lie. Whilst reading all the hype you people were giving this kid on the offseason, I thought he was overrated.

125148.jpg

I'm not going to lie. Whilst reading all the hype you people were giving this kid on the offseason, I thought he was overrated. He has proven me, as well as all doubters wrong that he can absolutely bring it.

Can he play forward? Well he's a damn good mark and was providing good leads everytime the ball was down there.

Can he defend? he took see clutch mark, after clutch mark and never gave his man a chance to breath.

He's the one guy I'm always confident is going to make a good decision under pressure and he showed what he could do in all three positions today.

All Hail King Yeo!

He's a Fyfe clone, right down to the bad kicking for goal

Footskills aren't the best, but other than that he's a star. Just what we need

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember watching Brisbane v Hawthorn in Tassie a few years back and thinking "this Yeo is going to be special". He was quiet that day but he took a couple of good marks and went on a run or two from memory, and you could just tell he would turn into a star. Been a huge fan ever since.

All Hail King Yeo!
all hail King Yeo. long live the king!

I cannot wait for the full one honey. When do you reckon you'll have it ready by?
Midnight tomorrow will be some of my videos, just depends what order I do them in. Shep's getting one, team comeback one too. Should be Tuesday.

Can remember the last on baller (maybe Embers?) we had who would compete as hard as he does at ground level, and go for the marks as he does. Not limited like many other of our mids to one style.

I do feel kind of sorry for Brisbane. Look at the players who bailed on them. Polec is a solid player who developed a lot last year. Yeo is coming into his own. Docherty is one of the few bright spots for the Blues, and Longer will probably be the Saints' ruckman for the next 10 years. And in none of these deals did they get fair value, plus they lost 2-3 years of development and had to start over. And Aish is gone after this year. No wonder they're so terrible. They have some nice players like Rockliff, Redden, Martin, Hanley, Rich, etc, but their depth is a disgrace.

Footskills aren't the best, but other than that he's a star. Just what we need

I think his footskills are hit and miss. Was lacing them to kennedy last week - then seemed befuddled today at times

Breath of fresh air to our midfield, but clearly doesn't have the tank for the role FT yet

However he brings such an array of skills to our team

I do feel kind of sorry for Brisbane. Look at the players who bailed on them. Polec is a solid player who developed a lot last year. Yeo is coming into his own. Docherty is one of the few bright spots for the Blues, and Longer will probably be the Saints' ruckman for the next 10 years. And in none of these deals did they get fair value, plus they lost 2-3 years of development and had to start over. And Aish is gone after this year. No wonder they're so terrible. They have some nice players like Rockliff, Redden, Martin, Hanley, Rich, etc, but their depth is a disgrace.
Yeah i feel really bad for them. It's why I don't mind we gave up 28. I think the club knew we were screwing them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back