Toast Elliot Yeo appreciation thread

Remove this Banner Ad

In this form and back in 18 / 19, he is the best player in the comp.

He's the Wayne Carey of the midfield.

Absolute travesty we didn't get to see him for 4 to 4.5 years.

Need to get pen to paper ASAP.
Would be gutted if free agency took him to another club for his last few years. Don't think Harley would be too keen on that either.

Congrats on the 200
Oh damn that means a milestone game this weekend

The only reason he leaves is if he wants to chase another premiership elsewhere.

I can’t see us being that tight with our cash that we get outbid, and surely there aren’t 4-5 year offers, would be likely 2 or 3 at a stretch which we could/should match.

Gut feel is it gets sorted around bye week.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Shuey, Yeo, Naita. The club would have looked like geniuses if those three had been fit and firing for a season 2019-2023. I really don't feel like any premiers have been dominant forces in the past handful of years and we could have gone toe to toe with any of them with that engine room.

2019 we obviously had issues with a premiership hangover and drive levels (Willie smokes pot) but no Naita was probably the telling factor in putting us over often enough for a top 2-4 finish and a double chance.

As Yeoy's sponsor for this year, his performance this season has been spectacular. How good has it been to see peak Yeo bursting out of packs, breaking tackles and driving the ball long into the 50. Fantastic to see him getting to 200 games.

Brisbane owed us for taking Dalziell.
I actually remember being stoked that we picked up Dalziell, he showed signs then just became a spud. Those dark days of Razzle Dazzle Adam Cockie Jarrad Oakley Nicholls Tom Swift Matt Spangher Gerrick Weedon etc are still fresh in my memory

Of all the spuds we recruited I remember i was a huge fan of Andrew Strijk, was gutted when he got delisted and till this day I don’t know why we didn’t persist with him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I actually remember being stoked that we picked up Dalziell, he showed signs then just became a spud. Those dark days of Razzle Dazzle Adam Cockie Jarrad Oakley Nicholls Tom Swift Matt Spangher Gerrick Weedon etc are still fresh in my memory

Of all the spuds we recruited I remember i was a huge fan of Andrew Strijk, was gutted when he got delisted and till this day I don’t know why we didn’t persist with him
I could be making this up but I think either his fitness just wasn't to standard, or he was asking some ridiculous amount on his contract?

I could be making this up but I think either his fitness just wasn't to standard, or he was asking some ridiculous amount on his contract?

He had a heart condition, so retired. Unfortunately (fortunately?) for us, we ended up choosing to keep Strijk over Ashton Hams (joke at the time was Strijk had a better manager) only for Strijk to pull the pin early. At the time it caused some consternation, but ultimately I don't think Hams would have moved the needle much either had we kept him.

You just know he is nowhere in the conversation for AA though

Seems to be getting reasonable National media coverage so far. Will need to get back on the park quickly.

Top 3 is Heeney, Bont, Bailey Dale. Pretty poor from the Dogs to have 2 of the top 3 and be serving up trash most weeks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back