Fallout: 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 3, 2004
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Man Utd, Perth Glory.
What big changes do any of you foresee at seasons end after this catastrophe of a season?

Obviously the coach won't be sacked. Do you see any of the other staff taking a hit? any surprise de-listings or tough/ emotional calls on seasoned players to put up for trade to help get draft picks ?

On SM-G981B using BigFooty.com mobile app

s-l400.jpg

Last edited:
Giving how complacent we are runned in management I'd go on to say Absolutely nothing.
There is no fallout. We are all going to have to suffer much like in Woosha final years. It always takes forever for us as a club to move on coaches and staff.
Most complacent side in the league in that regard.

Only thing I see is similar to last year. We delist our fringe but credit in the bank players will be staying for another season returning to round 1 fat and uninterested to turn it over once again in 2023.

As a positive I feel the club has grown quite a bit over the last few months and is taking a more positive approach. This is particularly so through Simmo and his messaging.
However the back drop and foundation is one of poor management and excuses (victimhood, HUB, COIVID, Injuries, etc) rather than a hard nosed approach to getting the job done. The management focus isnt about footy wins but a whole bunch of other 'social' KPI and infrastructure building.
The club is overly comfortrable and full of stale staff. The only sign of any realisation as to where we are will be significant staff changes and evidence of a structured plan to rebuild the list over 2-3 years and goal setting that prioritises onfield success. I agree with Simmo that this has started but its only the start.

I don’t think there will be much fall out. We’re a very conservatively run club and whilst that might frustrate fans and the media, we are also a very successful club.

What I would like to see is more players available to start preseason with the young players. I’m sick of hearing about senior players coming back from their breaks later due to their age and “knowing their bodies”.

If they’re too old to start pre-season early, maybe they don’t fit the age profile the team needs at this point.

That’s where I’d be starting conversations with the players that are over 30yoa. “We expect you to do a full preseason, are you able to comply with this?”

None. We will hear lots or words to placate the supporters but not much action. We will cut only as much as they have to and then take the bare minimum draft picks because even though we are in a good position draft wise with early picks in most rounds they wont cut deep enough or make the hard decisions.

All bar Kennedy of the over 30s will still be on the list and rolled out in round one if they are fit enough and play most of the year due to credits even if their form totally deserts them and they will play 1 good game every 6 weeks to have Simpson justify why they are being played…

We will be sitting here having the same convo this time next year and the coach will still have 2 more years to run the joint into the ground with Trevor.

None. We will hear lots or words to placate the supporters but not much action. We will cut only as much as they have to and then take the bare minimum draft picks because even though we are in a good position draft wise with early picks in most rounds they wont cut deep enough or make the hard decisions.

All bar Kennedy of the over 30s will still be on the list and rolled out in round one if they are fit enough and play most of the year due to credits even if their form totally deserts them and they will play 1 good game every 6 weeks to have Simpson justify why they are being played…

We will be sitting here having the same convo this time next year and the coach will still have 2 more years to run the joint into the ground with Trevor.
I have no doubt you will be having the same convo's this time next year.

On the other hand we have been having this conversation for three years.
Interestingly, Simmo said in his interview with Langdon that they foresaw this decline 2 years ago, hence hitting the draft last year instead of trying to trade in established players.

People may be surprised to note that the club's messaging doesn't always match internal opinion. They have memberships to sell, after all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Poster in question just can't bring himself to post anything positive.
Heck, he couldn't even get excited by Culley's debut like the most of us.

Bit hard to be positive atm with this team tugga but I will try

Positives Fallout 2022
Barrass....the number one positive for me chance for AA fullback from this team speaks volumes.....has had a fantastic 2nd half of the year..future captain
Hurn another solid season from the Halfback ...chance to go around again
Darling 2nd half of the season has been good....strong preseason next year and he should continue
Culley in the draft big body only going to get better
Jones off halfback....still need works but its nice to see his run
draft picks
and that's really about it .................................:rolleyes:

Negatives
well...the list goes on and on..................................................................

images.jpeg-21.jpg
Geez Bethesda have severely de-valued this IP.

I just want to see these weak, unfit campaigners hitting the training track hard in the preseason, and not breaking down.

If that happens we will have learned at least a couple of lessons.
but didn't we train the house down last year?

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Bit hard to be positive atm with this team tugga but I will try

Positives Fallout 2022
Barrass....the number one positive for me chance for AA fullback from this team speaks volumes.....has had a fantastic 2nd half of the year..future captain
Hurn another solid season from the Halfback ...chance to go around again
Darling 2nd half of the season has been good....strong preseason next year and he should continue
Culley in the draft big body only going to get better
Jones off halfback....still need works but its nice to see his run
draft picks
and that's really about it .................................:rolleyes:

Negatives
well...the list goes on and on..................................................................
Been a shocking year but It's good to try and find a balance Westy.
Poster in question hardly ever, if at all can find something positive to say.

If someone does something good, you hear nothing.
Makes a mistake, he's all over him.

Getting games into some of the kids like Hough, Edwards and Bazzo is a positive.
Yep, Jones and Yeo into the backline.
Obviously Culley in the midseason draft.

Just hope we get our picks in the draft right.

At the same time you do not want to do what the dees did years ago when they got rid of too many senior players at once. It has to be a gradual move.

If there are just young players with no older heads, they will get slaughtered.

I reckon we might try to trade Brander, what do you campaigners think?
Brander is not a JK. if anything he got played out of position a lot of the time. Not sure if he should have been thrown into the midfield

Been a shocking year but It's good to try and find a balance Westy.
Poster in question hardly ever, if at all can find something positive to say.

If someone does something good, you hear nothing.
Makes a mistake, he's all over him.

Getting games into some of the kids like Hough, Edwards and Bazzo is a positive.
Yep, Jones and Yeo into the backline.
Obviously Culley in the midseason draft.

Just hope we get our picks in the draft right.
Oh yeah forgot about Hough and Bazzo/edwards...thats a positive :)

Poster in question just can't bring himself to post anything positive.
Heck, he couldn't even get excited by Culley's debut like the most of us.
Oh look, the stalker is back again.. almost need a restraining order.
Its the fallout thread champ, start a I love everything about the Eagles 2022 season and you might get something there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back