Fitzroy's crappest player

Remove this Banner Ad

Was Jeff Bruce a dud? All I can remember of him was he got penalised for deliberate out of bounds in a game against Richmond - which was a bullshit call, as he took possession half a step from the boundary line, then gave away a 50 for the ball not going back on the full. Think it cost the Roys the game too. On Talking Footy they replayed the incident with Rex Hunt's commentary over it, and Rex was going berzerk about the umpire. I think it was 1995 and he may have worn No 40.

Was Jeff Bruce a dud?

He was ok.

All I can remember of him was he got penalised for deliberate out of bounds in a game against Richmond - which was a bullshit call, as he took possession half a step from the boundary line, then gave away a 50 for the ball not going back on the full. Think it cost the Roys the game too.

Worst decision ever!! It gave us something to yell about that day, we were robbed blind......we should have won and Douggy Hawkins played a blinder!!!

Peter Sartori was known to some as The Undertaker, as his dour expressions & tall, lanky appearance appeared suited to that profession. From memory, he tripped running out the Princes Park race before a game & broke his foot, causing him to miss about 4 weeks. His refusal to take painkillers in order to play while injured was sensible for his own long-term wellbeing, but made him unpopular with some people at Fitzroy. This meant that he missed games, when other players would have been able to play with those same injuries. He was one of the most talented players at Fitzroy during his time there. He was a very clever tap ruckman & a dominant full forward, when fit. It was disappointing we didn’t see more good games from him, but I don’t blame him for not playing with painkillers & I certainly don’t consider him a dud.

...followed by a big scuffle and Baldwin slipping Carey a set of knuckles whilst he was trying to get up.
Yeah and we gave Carey a decent serve from the Whitten stand that day.

Little did I know how things would turn out and Carey would become a hero for me, though for most others on this board remain forever a villain.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember Wayne Carey hiting him in the back of the head one day at Footscray.

...followed by a big scuffle and Baldwin slipping Carey a set of knuckles whilst he was trying to get up.

If it had been a few years later, some of the North players might have joined him.

Yeah and we gave Carey a decent serve from the Whitten stand that day.

Little did I know how things would turn out and Carey would become a hero for me, though for most others on this board remain forever a villain.

Found it!! 10 Seconds in (sorry about the music, not my video!)

[youtube]vMbWsyEQNUw[/youtube]

I would love to know who the Roy is under I think its Plugger at 2:38, could be a job for Fat Pizza that one!!

nigel credlin couldn't even get a game in their last season after being drafted. it was no surprise to me as he wasn't even in that good in our school team and was only drafted because he was an athlete.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back