No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

Tempted to go find that Carlton poster on the main board who was saying over summer that he watched Harley last year and that “VFL was his level.”

What a moron.
I remember stating last year that my only question mark on him was whether or not his style of fending off every player who gets near him would stand up at AFL level.

Just saw the replay of him collecting the ball at the centre bounce before fending off Oliver AND Petracca and then driving the ball inside 50.

Absolute freak. And look at his body, he's a "big kid", just wait until he's had a few pre-seasons.

Never seen Jeremy McGovern look in better shape

So jealous. Eagles picked the perfect year to be truly s**t.
Thankfully we were never truly in the running for him.

Imagine being North who are probably going to have 3 spoons in 4 years and the one spoon they dodged cost them the one player who could have actually turned the club around by himself.

Thankfully we were never truly in the running for him.

Imagine being North who are probably going to have 3 spoons in 4 years and the one spoon they dodged cost them the one player who could have actually turned the club around by himself.
Their final round win last year shapes as the worst win ever. It did them no good (they are 0-10 again this year) but cost them Reid. Its hilarious.

As for Reid, all the plaudits that came his way during his draft year were justified. He’s incredible

Their final round win last year shapes as the worst win ever. It did them no good (they are 0-10 again this year) but cost them Reid. Its hilarious.

As for Reid, all the plaudits that came his way during his draft year were justified. He’s incredible
He has the ball winning ability and acceleration of Judd, the foot skills and leap of Ablett Sr, and the don’t argue of Dusty. My favourite non Hawk already.

He has definitely benefited from Kennedy retiring and Allen being unavailable.

Given regular games and no threat of being dropped. Has enabled him to settle and improve a lot this year.
Had quite a serious illness couple of seasons ago which really effected him. Managed to get himself right and with the benefit of a solid preseason is now playing some pretty good footy.

Sent from my SM-S916B using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember stating last year that my only question mark on him was whether or not his style of fending off every player who gets near him would stand up at AFL level.

Just saw the replay of him collecting the ball at the centre bounce before fending off Oliver AND Petracca and then driving the ball inside 50.

Absolute freak. And look at his body, he's a "big kid", just wait until he's had a few pre-seasons.

Here’s video for everyone else to enjoy it. It’s crazy to kick his goal from the centre clearance and this fend off in only his 9th game

If Reid couldn't come to Hawthorn, I'm glad he's gone to a club like West Coast.
He is going to be one of the biggest impact players of all time.
You have absolutely no feelings what-so-ever for us HFC supporters living in wa, do you ? 😂

Last edited:
He is an absolute bull. How many other first year players would have the physical attributes to fend off 2 of the best midfielders in the comp and matures bodies who have played in the AFL for almost 10 years, let alone have the confidence to do it.

Sometimes top draft picks and especially number 1s are over-hyped. In this kids case, he is the real deal. He can transform games and you can build a whole team around a player like him. Ive never really enjoyed watching WC play, but id watch them play just for Harley.

I was similar.
Didn't know whether it was man vs boys at Jr level, or if he could do it at afl level.
Looks like the question has been answer#

Amazing how many people were saying it would be a different story for Harley playing against senior bodies in the AFL. The kid was and is clearly worth every pick you could’ve spent on him /

Kind of player you build a premiership side around and it was as clear as anything to any footy follower who has a clue.

He has the ball winning ability and acceleration of Judd, the foot skills and leap of Ablett Sr, and the don’t argue of Dusty. My favourite non Hawk already.
He’s a great kid too, who comes from a great family.

His old man could play too.

IMG_5852.jpeg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back