How about the crows learn to kick the ball straight?

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 23, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
The game is called football.

I'd suggest that it's 5 games now lost because we cannot kick a freaking set shot to save our lives.

I'm sick of it. Sick of the easy set shot missed, ran down the ground for an opposition goal.

In fact, when I think back on it, that's how I'm going to remember this season.

it was the difference in tonights game. other than the second 1/4 we were at least equal to freo tonight. except for missing very very gettable set shots.

I watch other games and constantly find myself comparing the number of times that other teams kick goals on a consistent basis.. The big play, the play that could just put a dent in the oppositions spirit, the big goal that will electrify the crowd... guaranteed we will miss more often than not, easily guaranteed..

And that ignores the simple shots that are just part of building a lead.. All we seem to do is brush it away with "yeah that's a problem we need to turn around".. It's seriously crisis point now, disgusting..

Half our team have horrible ball drops, the other half approach in any direction other than straight where they intend to kick. There's a significant overlap in that venn diagram, too.
A few don't even bother to kick with a straight leg.
We have very few guys who don't have easy to identify bad habits.

In the last few years, the only time I've been truly felt comfortable with someone kicking at goal was Porplyzia in 2009. Tex got close, but then decided to do his ACL. When will it change? Bad kicking = bad football.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Missing shot from 20m out = Its all about pressure.

We were the better side too. Dominated them. But the pressure when having a shot in front of goal.

Has anyone else noticed when Mckernan takes a mark 20m out he will go back n end up kicking it from 40m.. He literally seems to kick it 20m away from the man on the mark..
And with height of trajectory going into the stratosphere he could be 2m from the mark and still not get smothered

Remove this Banner Ad

Back