Toast Jack Darling - 250 AFL Games

Remove this Banner Ad

Darling was just interviewed on 10 News and spoke about his hopes to play beyond the end of his next contract , pointing out that he’s only 31 and others have played until 35

He even spoke of a desire to play finals again and “finish off like Lecca”

I love how he still has the hunger

All depends on Allen's health and Archer's development.
If either stalls, then Darling is still a semi-decent option to partner with Wateman.
Hopefully we won't be forced into that decision and we have at least two fit and performing tall forwards by the end of next season.
We have other possibilities like Maric and Jack Williams if they can put on more size. Maybe even Culley.
So far 6 goals from 7 games is nowhere near enough form to be rewarded with a contract extension.
As he's contracted until 2025 there is still plenty of time for us to make any decisions, no need to rush into a new deal.

He hasn’t set the world on fire in the last few weeks but has shown a bit of improvement. He actually doesn’t look physically cooked but he still looks like a man out of touch. Jacks been in ruts before but lets see if he can get himself out of this one. He would need to find some touch soon if he wants to go on

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Darling was just interviewed on 10 News and spoke about his hopes to play beyond the end of his next contract , pointing out that he’s only 31 and others have played until 35

He even spoke of a desire to play finals again and “finish off like Lecca”

I love how he still has the hunger
You rarely if ever see Jack interviewed. He's a quirky unit, didn't want to talk about the past, dropping marks, vaccinations; told the interviewer to stick to the present and when the interviewer asked about vaccinations, he gave him the evil eye. He said " I'm actually a nice guy".

When asked if he was aware of the social media banter about his form slump, he said he avoids all that stuff and only listens to his family, team mates, coaches and club - but it seemed he was aware of the gossip. Finished up saying he was working hard on improving and getting 'sticky mitts'...(good idea)

But Jack's history and achievements at the club has been outstanding overall, a true champion! If he can finish on a high, it would help erase those infamous dropped marks at crucial times in big games..I thought he mentioned he wants another Grand Final?

I think some people have a habit of judging Jack on what he could be and what he hasn't done - which is somewhat understandable. Seems to have a bit on unfulfilled potential if we're honest.

But if you judge Jack on what he has done - AA, premiership player and second all time leading goal kicker his career is quite amazing.

You rarely if ever see Jack interviewed. He's a quirky unit, didn't want to talk about the past, dropping marks, vaccinations; told the interviewer to stick to the present and when the interviewer asked about vaccinations, he gave him the evil eye. He said " I'm actually a nice guy".

When asked if he was aware of the social media banter about his form slump, he said he avoids all that stuff and only listens to his family, team mates, coaches and club - but it seemed he was aware of the gossip. Finished up saying he was working hard on improving and getting 'sticky mitts'...(good idea)

But Jack's history and achievements at the club has been outstanding overall, a true champion! If he can finish on a high, it would help erase those infamous dropped marks at crucial times in big games..I thought he mentioned he wants another Grand Final?
I have met him in person and he's indeed a very nice guy. Not paying too much attention to that external noise is wise.

I'm sure I heard that he mentioned another GF but I couldn't bring myself to post that here haha

I think some people have a habit of judging Jack on what he could be and what he hasn't done - which is somewhat understandable. Seems to have a bit on unfulfilled potential if we're honest.

But if you judge Jack on what he has done - AA, premiership player and second all time leading goal kicker his career is quite amazing.
I have heard the unfulfilled potential talk a lot but question it. I suppose it's due to how he seemed to peak early on, but unlike others who also peaked early on, he sustained that and maintained that consistency for years. He is also reasonably undersized (height wise) by modern CHF/FF standards and yet still did well those years when he was our #1 target due to JK being injured. His record speaks for itself and would be impressive for a taller, full-time #1 target but it's even more impressive given he has been #2 for most of his career.

I have heard the unfulfilled potential talk a lot but question it. I suppose it's due to how he seemed to peak early on, but unlike others who also peaked early on, he sustained that and maintained that consistency for years. He is also reasonably undersized (height wise) by modern CHF/FF standards and yet still did well those years when he was our #1 target due to JK being injured. His record speaks for itself and would be impressive for a taller, full-time #1 target but it's even more impressive given he has been #2 for most of his career.

Maybe more due to inconsistency, dropped marks, Vax stuff and flopping around a bit. 😂

But otherwise for what he has actually done I'm in the great career camp.

Maybe more due to inconsistency, dropped marks, Vax stuff and flopping around a bit. 😂

But otherwise for what he has actually done I'm in the great career camp.

Pretty much knew it was game over for us when Jack started playing for free kicks last week.

He's one heck of a barometer for how we are going.

This is well articulated, thank you! He may not have reached the heights people expected after his first few seasons but he has still comfortably produced a very very good career. I'm pretty sure people would have been stoked on draft night to know that we had picked the bloke who would finish as our second highest goal kicker.

This is well articulated, thank you! He may not have reached the heights people expected after his first few seasons but he has still comfortably produced a very very good career. I'm pretty sure people would have been stoked on draft night to know that we had picked the bloke who would finish as our second highest goal kicker.

To be fair, if we were told on draft night he would knock off Suma's record we would have assumed he would be the the clubs highest ever goal kicker.

JD disappoints. Even in hypotheticals!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back