Toast Jack Redden 250 AFL Games

Remove this Banner Ad

129 games with Brisbane
121 games for West Coast*
*Pending he makes it past the Coast to Coast curse

Well done Reddo
jack-redden-of-the-eagles-celebrates-winning-the-2018-afl-grand-final-picture-id1042770404

Last edited:

He has been a wonderful pick up, kudos to the recruiters, this is one piece of trading that they absolutely nailed.

One of the rare few interstate born players, who have made the move West, via trade, not having been drafted by us.
It’s been a move to mutual benefit of both Club and player, that have delivered a good return.

He will forever be etched in West Eagles History as a Premiership Player.

250 AFL Games is a mighty achievement. 👍

I think Jack has another year left on him after this one.

No one on our list, that I can think of at the moment, who is knocking him out of the best midfield set up we have.

Which in itself, is also a concern !

Last edited:
A good solid player.

Could go for 1 more year but is it really worth it.
No way could he go one more year. Needs to retire as soon as possible. His cooked as cooked can be and also is a huge reason we can't get it out of the middle. Can only have one slow inside midfielder these days. Right now we have 4 with Shuey Yeo and Gaff as a slow outside midfielder. Reddons the slowest of the four.

One slow midfielder a team can deal with but not 4. The rest need to be quick fast and able to play both inside and outside. That's how it's played today. Our Midfield pace is way off where it needs to be. As a midfield unit we can't break clearances and can't chase down opposition mids. They run rings around us and Reddon is one of those reasons. He can't chase.

His had a good career and should he proud of what his achieve but as far as playing in the AFL is concerned his finished and gone a year to long.

We need him gone at seasons end and we need to get some break speed pace in there urgently for 2023.

Our number 1 draft pick needs to a superstar mid to fill that void.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

^^ It's a ******* celebration thread ffs. Keep this s**t in the other 100 threads on the go at the moment.
Guess that goes both ways then. No more talking about Reddon getting another year.

Just be happy with what his done making 250 games and leave his future out of it or else I'm going to have no choice but to say hell no in keeping him for 2023.

Good player, got exactly what we paid for in the trade and his 2018 finals probably tips it over into the ‘and then some’ category.

15+ games per season for us (well, 13/17 in 2020). A very good soldier for the club, well deserved.

Guess that goes both ways then. No more talking about Reddon getting another year.

Just be happy with what his done making 250 games and leave his future out of it or else I'm going to have no choice but to say hell no in keeping him for 2023.
Rather unsurprisingly, I don't think the list management team will be taking your opinion into consideration, FYI.

Great pickup, been extremely consistent and took it up a notch in 2018 when we needed it.

Has tried to carry the load this season with all the ridiculousness that's gone on and given his all.

Well done and thank you!

Deserves three more years.

Rather unsurprisingly, I don't think the list management team will be taking your opinion into consideration, FYI.
Well the list management teams lack of a future plan is the reason we are sitting last on the ladder so there opinion don't mount for much either. They got us into this mess. If any luck our list management team won't be there in 2023 as they have underperformed in there roles and should be told to move on.

Well the list management teams lack of a future plan is the reason we are sitting last on the ladder so there opinion don't mount for much either. They got us into this mess. If any luck our list management team won't be there in 2023 as they have underperformed in there roles and should be told to move on.
Ok

Peaked and played an immense role in 2018 when we needed everyone to perform.
Then over the last few years when the team has capitulated to opposition teams over and over again, he has quite often been one of the hardest workers.
Well done on the milestone and definitely one of the more astute trades by the Eagles!

P.S. give him another year ;).

Peaked and played an immense role in 2018 when we needed everyone to perform.
Then over the last few years when the team has capitulated to opposition teams over and over again, he has quite often been one of the hardest workers.
Well done on the milestone and definitely one of the more astute trades by the Eagles!

P.S. give him another year ;).

If memory serves, he finished second in our Player of the Finals in 2018 as well. Did what we brought him into the club to do. Then was 'sick' at the JW night, lol.

Great pickup by the club.

Not a superstar but a good solid soldier. When everything has turned to custard i dont think his endeavour can be question.

Was excited when we traded for him, glad we did.

Great servant for the club. Looked like a bit of a bust early as he struggled to come to grips with our team setup as our recruits often seem to do but has since justified his trade in style

Bit of a blue collar worker so rarely stands out but is super important to the side

Hopefully he has a big game on Sunday

Remove this Banner Ad

Back