Toast Jack Redden 250 AFL Games

Remove this Banner Ad

I like Reddo, he has come over here and really hasn't probably played as much of an inside role as he might have been expected to. I think his adaptability has worked in the teams favour, but not necessarily in his own from a statistical point of view.

Had he been purely an inside mid in his time here I think his numbers would have looked statistically better, but the team might not have performed as well as it did by being able to move him around.

He has a pretty good running capacity and has been used a bit more in the spread, which was important with the way we played before when we had good foot skills (there's very little reward now for players leading well as our foot skills are trash).

His average tackle numbers were massive at Brisbane and he's shown he can still do it when he gets time in the inside at the Eagles, has laid some massive tackles over the years, one of my favourites being in the opening minutes of the 2018 GF when he won a HTB decision after pushing back into defence, tidying up a mistake from Hurn.

2018 was a phenomenal year for him, especially those finals. The first final at Optus against the Pies he was a standout.

I wouldn't be the slightest bit against him playing on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back