Toast Jack Redden - Retired 2022. Thank you Red Dog

Remove this Banner Ad

1664507627522.png

Last edited:
Redden had a career defined by his willingness to put the team first and has taken that ethos through to the very end

Well done on a great career and enjoy life after football

So flat about this, my favourite player in the current squad.

Something not super noted about him was how strong his outside game is. Obviously his inside game and appetite to tackle/win contested ball his great, but he knows where to run to get the footy on the outside and has tidy kicking skills over 30-40m

Played great footy on the wing in 2018 when gaff went out of the side.

Thanks to the great man. Redden in 2018 was critical. Still thought he had a few years in him but it's pretty selfless to step aside so the new generation can begin. Talented reliable and unassuming. Been a regular for years and carried the mids as best he could last year.

Thanks Reddo.
Never worried about the flashy stuff, like a reliable old diesel motor, kept chugging away and getting the job done.
Good luck in the real world.

A really good career and a premiership for a guy who wasn’t the biggest talent but always worked hard and always did the team things. Jack gave a 100% honest effort and fit into that premiership team so well.

No doubt did the right thing for his career moving from Brisbane to West Coast. Fans sometimes have the unnecessary habit of booing their ex-players, but never heard that for Jack at the Gabba. His move made sense and he earned his success.

I grew to really like Reddo - what a good player he became from 2018 onward.

I'll miss having him around and I'm sad to see him go - but he's made the right call for us given our logjam of veterans.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A really good career and a premiership for a guy who wasn’t the biggest talent but always worked hard and always did the team things. Jack gave a 100% honest effort and fit into that premiership team so well.

No doubt did the right thing for his career moving from Brisbane to West Coast. Fans sometimes have the unnecessary habit of booing their ex-players, but never heard that for Jack at the Gabba. His move made sense and he earned his success.
And we appreciate that yearly trip to be flogged at the Gabba every season without fail!

Showed a lot of character to bounce back from his first season too, he was under a lot of scrutiny.

Didn't see this coming - was still playing handy football. His 2018, particularly his finals series, was immense and a key part of us winning the flag.

Thanks for the years of service, Jack.

My 20 yr old daughter called my 18 yr old son, both shocked and sadened by Reddo's retirement.

Great player and great bloke from what Ive heard.

Sorry to see him go but he left on his own terms. Thanks for the memories Jack. All the best to you and the family on the next adventure.:footy::thumbsu:

Selfless bloke, selfless decision, I think we’d be better served with him on the list for one more year but can’t argue with more opportunities for the kids either.

Bit of a club legend for consistently getting in and under, doing the dirty stuff, and player of the finals in 2018 isn’t a bad accolade either.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back