Toast Jetta's celebration

Remove this Banner Ad

He was great. Just watches the replay and commentators tried to crucify him for being soft when he tried to toe poke the ball and he went over it. Hes had some shocking moments in his time with us but didnt deserve that for that moment and has been very very good for us this year.
Loved the celebration, just needed more space from teammates so he could bask in it a bit longer

The idea to toe tap the ball was right ....execution was poor ....that’s his way

He’s in our best 22 easily

He's a character alright, very laid back and laconic...has been criticised on here at times for appearing lazy or disinterested in play...curiously in his interview, he mentions that trait, he owns it, and it must have been an issue with Simmo, but they seem to have all worked around it, accepting him for what he is and run with his upside...that celebration in the context of the game and the moment...was pure gold!!

I have met some of his family down this way ..the Jetta family is huge

They are like that trust me ...many aboriginal people are like that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The idea to toe tap the ball was right ....execution was poor
I completely agree, watching the incident again I think the toe tap probably had the highest probability for success. Commentator's love calling players out for being soft but if he had struck it properly and the Eagles got out of trouble they would have been praising him for his genius play. If Yeo had a player running at him when he did his sweet arse tunnel ball move would he have been soft for not tacking possession?

Last edited:
I completely agree, watching the incident again I think the toe tap probably had the highest probability for success. Commentator's love calling players out for being soft but if he had struck it properly and the Eagles got out of trouble they would have been praising him for his genius play. If Yeo had a player running at him when he did his sweet arse tunnel ball move would he have been soft for not tacking possession?
Taking possession isnt always the best thing to do...

He would have been hammered...turnover.....goal.

Its friggin easy to judge sitting your lounge room....or pub...on the field you have half a second to decide...aboriginal players play on instinct.

It was right play

I loved his post match interview, he's genuinely funny. Loved the, 'yes it's my first goal, but i did kick one against Port in the pre-season'.

A definite character and by all accounts a real leader for the young indigenous boys.

Ryan mentioned Jetta and Kennedy helping him after the crash.

Love this group of players, and love having a smart ass who can turn it on like Jetta. The man gets the crowd roaring like no-one else.

voted "overrated" on Talking Footy, but here's hoping he gets to bust another funky move at the big dance!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back