Liam Baker [signed til 2024]

Remove this Banner Ad

I mean this as a compliment but I watch him and think discount Andy Brayshaw. Similar type players, the only thing both are top 5/10 in the competition in is effort, every minute they are on the is 110% effort and they do everything well without being genuinely elite at anything. Maybe AB is a genuinely elite runner as well, that's about it.

Baker is a terrific player, my understanding is WA clubs (particularly Freo) are absolutely no chance
Andy is a gun, so I don't think that's an insult at all. Its not a comparison I would make though.

Apparently Blues into him. Not sure which line they'd have in mind for him but always love watching his desperation each week. Little weapon.
He'd be one of the most versatile players in the league. Can play any line on the field to a high level. Inspirational in the way that he plays and the effort he gives.

If be shattered if he left. Hopefully we can lock him in for 4 or 5 years ASAP

He'd be one of the most versatile players in the league. Can play any line on the field to a high level. Inspirational in the way that he plays and the effort he gives.

If be shattered if he left. Hopefully we can lock him in for 4 or 5 years ASAP
Loved him since his first year. I'd hope we may be looking at him for a wing role if he was to leave. Tough as nails but also very very skilful

He's a great player and I'd love to have him at Carlton but we have more pressing needs - like KPD's that aren't on the injury list!
Seriously though, we need to put time into Stocker, Cunningham, LOB and others. Save the $$$$ for elsewhere.

I think Richmond need to shed martins 1.2 million x 2 years salary left to offer Baker what he is worth .

I doubt anyone will be taking up that contract. Both Sydney teams have tight salary caps .

Too tight for a 31 year old no matter how good he was .

Baker either stays for less or leaves for money .

I think Richmond need to shed martins 1.2 million x 2 years salary left to offer Baker what he is worth .

I doubt anyone will be taking up that contract. Both Sydney teams have tight salary caps .

Caddy is gone, Edwards will be too. Lambert will be forced to retire in all likelihood due to his chronic hip issue. Then you've got Cotchin and Riewoldt deals expiring so if they play on one more year it'll be for ALOT less.

There'd be plenty to pay Baker what he's worth.

How much do you think Baker is worth?
because I have a hard time putting a value for him because he is such a unique player
He probably isn't capable imo of playing midfield full-time he is a player I think that moves position within a game.
So that's his best position a small "Ultility" player

I’d have him tomorrow
Always rated his effort and guts , one of the best in the league
Can’t see him leaving, looks pretty happy where he is and Tigers are playing good footy

Sigh 😔
Another WA boy that slipped through the net

How much do you think Baker is worth?
because I have a hard time putting a value for him because he is such a unique player
He probably isn't capable imo of playing midfield full-time he is a player I think that moves position within a game.
So that's his best position a small "Ultility" player
Probably 550-600k a year and probably a pick in the very low 20s to pry him out of Richmond.

He would probably settle for less to stay

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i hope he doesn’t go to west coast or it’ll be hard to like him

Probably at 13.
excited hell yeah GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back