News Media Thread, 2024: Insightful, Inciteful and Incomptent

Remove this Banner Ad

We're comparing a club that was founded in 1859 to setting up a new club about 5 minutes drive from Fremantle's HQ.

The point shouldn't be to set up clubs based on where people are now, it should be to think long-term and set up clubs based on where the expansion is going. With the way the urban sprawl is going you may as well put one in Yanchep
Id prefer a Northern suburbs team personally, but wouldnt go any further than that 60-odd minutes from the CBD

Pft.. you lot have it easy. I live in the South-West and go to Optus every couple of weeks. At 8 o’clock the night before the game I get Betsy out of her stable and hitch her up to our cart. Pack the thermos and off we go for the 150 km ride to Perth. Busso or Bunbury no problem either.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

You could cull 4 teams while sending a 5th to Tasmania and end up with a properly elite 14 team national competition that would also see 200+ players filter back into the state based leagues increasing their standard

But there isn’t a sports administration in the country/world that understands the concept of less is more so they’ll add a 20th team.
This is correct. However, as the AFL is getting ridiculously large (bloated) with a consequential drop in talent, I’m wondering if LIV or World Series Cricket are models for the future.

That is, a mega wealthy national business decides to start a smaller and high quality truly national league where there are only say six Vic teams plus say two WA, two SA, one Tas, one NT or ACT, one NSW and one Qld. A total of 14.

Again, these things need to get to the ears of the AFL - ‘there is movement at the stadium, the word had passed around’. (Apologies to Banjo Paterson.) Hopefully a new CEO may be persuaded things outside Vic ain’t so rosy.

Pft.. you lot have it easy. I live in the South-West and go to Optus every couple of weeks. At 8 o’clock the night before the game I get Betsy out of her stable and hitch her up to our cart. Pack the thermos and off we go for the 150 km ride to Perth. Busso or Bunbury no problem either.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

You must be flush, what with the price of hay sky-rocketing to take Ol' Betsy on that marathon of a road trip!

He was one that I was really looking forward to seeing him play for us, but unfortunately he couldn’t get over the foot injury. Hope he’s ok in life now.

Yeah mate sounds like he’s killing it has his own electrical business in melbourne , wife and 3 kids. Says he can still do a bit of a running to keep fit which is good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 1994462

The lack of irony from these Vics on Twitter is hilarious. I mean, Pavlich absolutely hates West Coast. What the hell are they on about?

Total lack of self awareness about how the broader football media commentates games involving VFL teams against “interstate” sides

Anything that's not insanely pro the Victorian team gets them ranting

Which is fair enough i suppose because that's all they've ever experienced

You're spot on about the lack of self awareness though

View attachment 1994462

The lack of irony from these Vics on Twitter is hilarious. I mean, Pavlich absolutely hates West Coast. What the hell are they on about?

Total lack of self awareness about how the broader football media commentates games involving VFL teams against “interstate” sides
Tell me you have flashbacks to DeGoey in the goal square without saying it out loud.

View attachment 1994470

Naarm lost to Naarm apparently...
Dj Khaled Congratulations GIF

Surprised the fend on clary went so well. looked like he feathered him...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back