List Mgmt. Mid Season Draft 2024 - From 7PM Wed 29th May Live on afl.com.au

Remove this Banner Ad

You really shouldn't be able to take a player out of another team unless you give them an 18 month contract.

Hope Ramshaw has a couple of good games and could add some pace to our midfield. I pumped him up last year before the draft and then he struggled to get a kick.

That will be Hayward if he does come across, but I think we are covered if Moir can progress as expected. Should play some games next year.

I think we need an X factor forward pocket. Prime Eddie. Cameron, Papley, Hill. Massive ask, but someone who can create something from nothing and will constantly be a scoreboard threat. This player can also get Motlop off the leash.

I think we are covered for forward pressure (Fogarty, Owies, Durdin?), mid rotations (Hollands, Kennedy, Cottrell, Cuners?), ruck duties (TDK, SOS, Harry), marking targets (Charlie, Harry, SOS, Hayward?, Martin?), but a prolific goal scoring small will take us to the next level.
sounds good but i'd value pace breaking from a midfield contest more. too often we have a strength to win a contest but opponents know, let it happen and look to pick off the reciever and run away from us. Find an alternative option from midfield congestion, get better F50 entries.

24 players nominated by clubs for medicals
Matt Ling ex-Sydney
Noah Howes (South Adelaide),
Jasper Scaife (West Perth)
Remy Maclean (Eastern Ranges)
Will McLachlan (Geelong Falcons).
Joe Pike, Falcons
Sandringham tall defender Lachie Voss,
Eastern Ranges defender/ruck Illiro Smit,
Bendigo captain Dayten Uerata
West Adelaide backman Will Patton
Geordie Payne
Dandenong half-back dasher Ben Hopkins
Essendon half-forward Oskar Smartt
Collingwood's Jack Hutchinson,
Ajang Kuol mun (Falcons)
Tobyn Murray,
Coburg's Caleb Ernst,
Box Hill's Max Hall
Williamstown's Corey Ellison
Former Port Adelaide ruckman Brynn Teakle
Toby Murray, the younger brother of Crow Nick
Jacob Blight, 22, ,
Kelsey Rypstra SANFL
Luke Beecken SANFL

I really like the look of Eamon Wilkinson. Pace, long kicking, roving skills, bit of flair.

Kicking style seems to be putting a lot of stress on his glutes and hamstrings, and you can see a stretch (heh) of form where his pace was a bit curtailed. Recent form seems to have picked up again though, but it begs a few questions across a season.

If that's a consistent theme with him, I'm not sure he's our answer at AFL level beyond being a stop gap this year. His forward craft is excellent though despite him being a little weak in the upper body to do much contested marking against similarly-size opponents.

Worth a shout, but not sure if he's a difference maker for us, pending Martin prognosis.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Caleb Ernst another forward on the msd medicals list
194cm. Coburg VFL. 21yo
Can't see much about his footy but seems he's of Nigerian decent, got suspended from school over dreadlocks and recently had a assault charge allegedly retaliation to racism.
Missed a lot of last year with OP.
Signed with Prahran but has played most games with Coburg this season.

IMG_20240521_223510.jpg

I really like the look of Eamon Wilkinson. Pace, long kicking, roving skills, bit of flair.

Now that is a small forward. Natural goalkicking instincts. Motlop has it. Fantasia used to have it but is too banged up now. Owies is a bit of an odd one in that he plays almost like a tall forward with lots of goals from marks. Durdin doesn’t have it…and sadly I doubt he ever will…because he is a midfielder.

Now that is a small forward. Natural goalkicking instincts. Motlop has it. Fantasia used to have it but is too banged up now. Owies is a bit of an odd one in that he plays almost like a tall forward with lots of goals from marks. Durdin doesn’t have it…and sadly I doubt he ever will…because he is a midfielder.

My thoughts exactly. It's something we don't have. Motlop probably has more class but this guy looks quicker than Mots.

Id say effective smalls forwards are more important for us atm.

TDK is playing a lot of forward minutes along with H and Charlie so there is plenty of aerial power and TDK is still relatively mobile.

So its a case of how much extra/less does TDK offer compared to JSOS?
Guess it depends on how much faith the MC has in Owies, Durdin, Motlop and Fantasia.

But that highlights clip of the young man from South Adelaide was mighty impressive (Eamon...?)

Eamon Wilkinson
What’s our chances of making him a blue?

Say out of 0-10.

Assuming we go pick 10 how many of the clubs picking before us need a small forward as a high priority?

(Pick 1) North Melbourne - unlikely
(Pick 2) Richmond - unlikely
(Pick 3) West Coast - unlikely
(Pick 4) Hawthorn - maybe
(Pick 5) St Kilda - maybe
(Pick 6) Adelaide - unlikely
(Pick 7) Brisbane - unlikely
(Pick 8) Bulldogs - maybe
(Pick 9) Gold Coast - unlikely
(Pick 10) Carlton - definitely

Last edited:

Most highlight packages look good but this is exactly the type of player I’d love to see in our forward line.

It’s a surprise he isn’t playing afl so perhaps something hasn’t worked out thus far - maybe injuries ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back