Toast Nic Naitanui #1 Ranked player in AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Every single team in the comp would be better with NicNat.

1616028017069_GSG36MTUV.1-1.JPG

This player ranking is a load of eagle turd, no way should Nic Nat be ranked as the number one player. Good at taapping and hitout, but regularly goes missing in games, poor disposals and cannot take a mark. Think there are much better players who regularly win their teams games and should be ranked number one in my opinion.

TBH not only should he be a lock AA no1 ruck but he should be put forward as our MVP choice and should win it. Every single team in the comp would be better with NicNat.

He may have had his two best years but the eagles have gotten worse so we haven’t gotten better by having him unfortunately

Long term it doesn't matter, if he makes it Nic Nat will be a three time AA, that's what will be remembered, not whether he was on the bench or not in one of those.

Naitanui on the bench makes more sense anyway.

Gawn can stay on the ground all game racking up his extra three touches, Nic Nat can come on when needed to actually ruck.

Win-win

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think I'd be fine with NN making the bench - he 100% deserves the starting spot, but would be the biggest travesty since Davis over LeCras if he missed out altogether.
And indeed Gawn has been on the bench the last 2 seasons.

Not even Cox was named starting ruck all 6 times, but I only think of him as a 6-time AA Ruck God.
He was once named FP (2012 with Nic as Ruck), and once on bench (2006).
2006 was interesting as we had Judd & Cuz named as starting onballers, so I guess the selectors didn't want a full WCE line.

My research also reinforced how epic our mid-00s midfield was.
From 2005 to 2007, we had 2 of the 3 players named in the Followers line (Cox/Cuz, Judd/Cuz, Cox/Kerr). 2008 too if you include Judd as ours.

Just heard Jacko on 6PR say that 3 players were very unlucky to miss out who had AA years but didn't make the 22 cut.

If they do their 1 ruck year this year I really see them picking Gawn because Melb finished top.

Nics on field dominance over the course of the season is the best i've seen since Buddy in 08. You can look at all the stats and all the numbers but watching the games it was just definitive. We finished the season ninth. Without Nic with all the injuries and everything else going on I think we are lucky to finish 16th. We genuinely could have had a spoon year without him.

I could go further back to Kouta of 2000-2001.

(on a side note with the club MVP nominations Gawns wasn't even nominated by the Melbourne playing group. It was May, Petracca and Oliver)

He's already been f’ed over once in an AA worthy year in 2015, wouldn't surprise me if it happens again because it's largely the same clueless committee as then. What I'd give for a better representative than Jacko for our state.

I didn't think I'd see a better season from a ruckman than 2015:

But I reckon he surpassed that season this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back