NRL NRL 2024 - Round 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Tipping!

Thursday 9th May
Dolphins vs Manly-Warringah (Suncorp Stadium - 19:50)

Friday 10th May
Penrith vs Canterbury-Bankstown (BlueBet Stadium - 18:00)
Parramatta vs Brisbane (CommBank Stadium - 20:00)

Saturday 11th May
Wests Tigers vs Newcastle (Scully Park, Tamworth - 15:00)
St.George-Illawarra vs South Sydney (Netstrata Jubilee Stadium - 17:30)
Melbourne vs Cronulla-Sutherland (AAMI Park - 19:35)

Sunday 12th May
Sydney Roosters vs New Zealand (Allianz Stadium - 14:00)
Gold Coast vs North Queensland (Cbus Super Stadium - 16:05)

Bye: Canberra

Dolphins: A huge boost for Wayne Bennett's team with centre Herbie Farnworth named to return after missing four games with a shoulder injury. Forward Kenny Bromwich (concussion) is also back on deck. Tesi Niu is out with an ankle injury while Kurt Donoghue moves to 18th man.
Sea Eagles: Ben Trbojevic is back after missing three games with a hamstring injury so Ethan Bullemor reverts to the bench. Nathan Brown drops out due to a hip flexor injury. Hooker Lachlan Croker sustained a concussion against the Raiders and has entered the NRL concussion protocol. He is replaced in the starting side by Karl Lawton with Gordon Chan Kum Tong added to the bench.

Panthers: The premiers have skipper Nathan Cleary back from a hamstring injury but lose centre Izack Tago to suspension. Paul Alamoti comes into the centre position for his third game of the season. Liam Henry comes back in on the interchange after missing Round 9 so Matt Eisenhuth drops to the reserves.
Bulldogs: Coach Cameron Ciraldo has named an unchanged 17 on the back of a strong win over Wests Tigers. Josh Curran is named to start with Sam Hughes on the bench but they may swap on game day as they did in Round 9. Connor Tracey is listed among the reserves as he looks to return from the quad injury that sidelined him last week.

Eels: Youngster Blaize Talagi will wear the No.1 jersey in the absence of skipper Clint Gutherson (knee) while Sean Russell is promoted to start in the centres at the expense of Morgan Harper, who will play NSW Cup. Back-rower Bryce Cartwright returns from a rib injury on the bench with Brendan Hands the man to make way.
Broncos: The loss of skipper Adam Reynolds to a biceps injury sees 27-year-old Josh Rogers take over at halfback in his second NRL game. At the other end of the experience scale, Corey Oates plays game No.207 on the wing, coming in for Jesse Arthars (jaw). One new face on the bench with former Cowboy Jack Gosiewski coming in for his first game as a Bronco after joining the club last week. Fletcher Baker is the man to make way.

Wests Tigers: Jayden Sullivan takes over at halfback from the suspended Aidan Sezer, while skipper Api Koroisau is back on deck after missing Round 9 with hip spasms so Jake Simpkin goes to the bench. Starford To'a will play his first game since Round 2 having returned from an ankle injury in NSW Cup last weekend, with Brent Naden shifting to the wing and Solomon Aiaimalo dropping out.
Knights: A double boost in the pack with Tyson Frizell (hamstring) and Jacob Saifiti (leg) back on deck for Adam O'Brien. Dylan Lucas moves to the bench while Jack Hetherington and Jed Cartwright make way.

Dragons: Moses Suli’s return from the NRL concussion protocol triggers a backline reshuffle, with Christian Tuipulotu unavailable due to personal reasons and Zac Lomax shifting from centre back to the wing. After falling short in his bid to return from a calf injury last week, Luciano Leilua will try again after being included in the wider squad.
Rabbitohs: Latrell Mitchell returns from suspension in a huge boost for a side that lost Cameron Murray, Jye Gray and Dean Hawkins to long-term injuries last week. Dion Teaupa will make his NRL debut at halfback, while Gehamat Shibasaki has been called up from Rabbitohs-affiliate club the Townsville Blackhawks and will play on the wing. Siliva Havili starts at lock in Murray’s absence, while Matthew French will play his first NRL game off the bench, with Jacob Host out through suspension.

Storm: Kiwi Test playmaker Jahrome Hughes has been left out of the squad after playing through a calf injury last week and is replaced at halfback by Tyran Wishart. Livewire youngster Sualauvi Fa’alogo gets his chance at fullback following another injury to the luckless Ryan Papenhuyzen, while Grant Anderson comes in on the wing. Tui Kamikamica has been included in the wider reserves and could make his return from a calf problem.
Sharks: Just one change for the ladder leaders with Royce Hunt replacing Toby Rudolf (knee) on the bench. Back-rower Teig Wilton is good to go after entering an early guilty plea to a careless high tackle charge mid-week and receiving a monetary fine.

Roosters: Four huge inclusions for the Tricolours, with Daniel Tupou, Jared Waerea-Hargreaves and Victor Radley all returning from injury and Spencer Leniu back from suspension. The match will see JWH become the fourth player ever to play 300 games for the Roosters. Junior Pauga, Sitili Tupouniua, Egan Butcher and Siua Wong all make way after being part of last week’s big win over the Broncos.
Warriors: There’s a new-look to the forward pack which has been triggered by a calf injury to second-rower Kurt Capewell. Mitch Barnett moves to the back row with Bunty Afoa coming into the run-on side in the front row, while middle forward Jazz Tevaga returns from a hamstring injury on the bench. Hooker Freddy Lussick is available again after serving his suspension picked up in reserve grade and could join the 17 before kick-off.

Titans: Tanah Boyd is out after suffering a wrist injury early in last week’s loss to the Storm, so versatile hooker Chris Randall is the man called upon to fill the void at five-eighth, with Sam Verrills starting at dummy-half. Moeaki Fotuaika returns to the engine room after time out with concussion, while Des Hasler has opted to bring in a new smaller body on the bench this week in Keano Kini, which bumps Joe Stimson out of the 17.
Cowboys: Chad Townsend replaces Jake Clifford at halfback after a week out with a knee injury, in what is the only change to the 17 that went down to the Dolphins in Round 9. Heilum Luki is again named to come off the bench after he played 29 minutes in his return from injury last week. Murray Taulagi remains sidelined with a hamstring injury.

Last edited:

Dolphins (gut feel and I was FAR from impressed by Manly last weekend)
Penrith (be closer than a lot think though)
Brisbane (but I'll see when the teams are named, Moses MAY be back)
Tigers (they will win a few of these games this year, this might be one)
Souths (look who honestly knows I'll go with the more talented list but who honestly knows)
Storm (about time Cronulla play a good side)
Warriors (at home tend to tip them)
Cowboys (last chance otherwise i'm never tipping them again this season)

Manly
Bulldogs (Can't tip against us)
Brisbane
Knights
Dragons
Storm
Roosters
Titans
Honestly you guys are a chance, we still aren't at our best and you guys have been impressive. Far from a complete roster but you can see the wheels starting to turn big time.

Dolphins (gut feel and I was FAR from impressed by Manly last weekend)
Penrith (be closer than a lot think though)
Brisbane (but I'll see when the teams are named, Moses MAY be back)
Tigers (they will win a few of these games this year, this might be one)
Souths (look who honestly knows I'll go with the more talented list but who honestly knows)
Storm (about time Cronulla play a good side)
Warriors (at home tend to tip them)
Cowboys (last chance otherwise i'm never tipping them again this season)

The warriors are in Sydney mate.

I still can’t bring myself to think Souths have a talented list. If Mitchell is playing yes it makes a difference but so many of the players that people rate are either simply overrated or well past their best that I just don’t think even their best footy is that good.

Especially now that Murray is injured who is legitimately one of their genuinely top tier players.

Even with teams that I hate in most sports I can’t say that I ‘rejoice’ in their failure but I simply can’t help it with Souths. I also have three good mates who go for them so the happiness I get from giving it to them knowing I’ll get it back some day needs to be soaked up

The warriors are in Sydney mate.

I still can’t bring myself to think Souths have a talented list. If Mitchell is playing yes it makes a difference but so many of the players that people rate are either simply overrated or well past their best that I just don’t think even their best footy is that good.

Especially now that Murray is injured who is legitimately one of their genuinely top tier players.

Even with teams that I hate in most sports I can’t say that I ‘rejoice’ in their failure but I simply can’t help it with Souths. I also have three good mates who go for them so the happiness I get from giving it to them knowing I’ll get it back some day needs to be soaked up

Mitchell is back and I saw SOME signs last week the margin blew out as the injuries mounted and had a half fit Murray defending at centre. Tallis Duncan replaces Murray you’d assume. I don’t rate the Dragons at all either that’s a game who honestly knows but I’ll tip Souths purely as surely Souths players do something

Fair on Warriors read the app wrong my eye has been playing up today. Still feel the warriors have to show something soon

Mitchell is back and I saw SOME signs last week the margin blew out as the injuries mounted and had a half fit Murray defending at centre. Tallis Duncan replaces Murray you’d assume. I don’t rate the Dragons at all either that’s a game who honestly knows but I’ll tip Souths purely as surely Souths players do something

Fair on Warriors read the app wrong my eye has been playing up today. Still feel the warriors have to show something soon

Dragons are hopeless don’t get me wrong, Souths might still beat them but it would be, to me anyway, on the cripple fight principle rather than them showing a degree of class at the moment.

Dragons are hopeless don’t get me wrong, Souths might still beat them but it would be, to me anyway, on the cripple fight principle rather than them showing a degree of class at the moment.

Trust me I agree purely and simply it’s a tip based on surely Mitchell shows something back from being silly. I saw some signs that Walker was a bit better last week running the ball.

It will likely be some terrible 20-16 game and that’s generous with the scoring

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think the Tigers will beat us in Tamworth. Got strike power across the park, just need to get better at using it.
No chance that the tigers can win without Sezer.
He got 4-5 weeks for dangerous contact and not a hip drop. 😱🤪

No chance that the tigers can win without Sezer.
He got 4-5 weeks for dangerous contact and not a hip drop. 😱🤪

You have to laugh about the match review charges, they are consistently very inconsistent lol

Presumably if Fifita goes to Penrith, they'll impress on him to look as if he can be arsed in all games, not just the few of them he generally bothers about.

Now the Roosters are trying to overpay for him.

They need to strengthen at a few positions, second row wasn't really one of them. Particularly if they manage to keep Crichton.

Doubt they keep Crichton wasn’t he talking going to rugby of some sort

He was but I believe that was before a whole host of other players decided to leave (and probably before this run of form).

I'd be surprised if they don't fight to try and save him.

Surely it’s one of the two though. Not even sure I’d want to sign Fifita the bloke is as lazy as can be. Modern day Nate Myles who turned into prime Artie Beetson 3 matches a year for QLD and then went on holidays for his club

Remove this Banner Ad

Back