Oppo Camp Other Games Rolling Thread 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Watching us today grind out a win with a handful of stars supported by some little leaguers and you appreciate how good fly is.

Then I look at carlton, with Voss on a never ending quest for nourishment, saints showing Ross ball is cooked, clarko increasingly looking passed it with north not having a discernible game plan.

It makes me grateful that we called time on eddie when we did, you know if he was still in the big chair we wouldn’t have ran a process, he would’ve opened the check book to get a “name” coach. Very likely we would’ve ended up with one of those three.

Bullet dodged.
So true. We're blessed to have Fly in our corner.

Watching us today grind out a win with a handful of stars supported by some little leaguers and you appreciate how good fly is.

Then I look at carlton, with Voss on a never ending quest for nourishment, saints showing Ross ball is cooked, clarko increasingly looking passed it with north not having a discernible game plan.

It makes me grateful that we called time on eddie when we did, you know if he was still in the big chair we wouldn’t have ran a process, he would’ve opened the check book to get a “name” coach. Very likely we would’ve ended up with one of those three.

Bullet dodged.
Talking to other Pie fans today about if we'd won the 2018 GF & where we'd be. Probably still have Bucks as coach, or goodness knows who, but God forbid if we missed out on Fly & he ended up at Carlton instead of us... 😩

Bullet dodged.
Eddie’s influence in media and the footy landscape been lessened massively thankfully, ever since he left. He just says outlandish things and plans on Footy Classified (like his stupid roof on the MCG and night Grand final) and his podcast no one listens to and people just ignore it

Like that crap about North and when James Brayshaw of all people thinks you’re a lying campaigner that’s when you know it’s over

Fly is what happens when you follow a proper process. He was interviewed 4 times.
Exactly right.

You just know that if McGuire had remained President, we either re-sign Buckley with new assistants or he goes out and appoints someone like Ross Lyon.

McRae likely doesn't get a look in with the old administration.

I remember being a big advocate for Adam Kingsley during the coach search, but my main concern was ensuring we did a proper process which we finally did. The club finally grew up and showed some maturity rather than falling back on favourite sons or captain's picks.

Talking to other Pie fans today about if we'd won the 2018 GF & where we'd be. Probably still have Bucks as coach, or goodness knows who, but God forbid if we missed out on Fly & he ended up at Carlton instead of us... 😩
2018 was horrific to endure, but I've come around to what others here have said in the past that it might have been a blessing in disguise.

2018 was horrific to endure, but I've come around to what others here have said in the past that it might have been a blessing in disguise.
Yep, same, seems to be the universal thought. Even discussed at last week's game when we were all laughing about Sheed being booed every time he went near the ball. We all said, as painful as that Sheed moment was, we wouldn't be where we are now. And we'd choose this every day of the week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GIF by Gotham

Shame we don’t get to play Richmond twice anymore
Same thing happened when Carlton were at their lowest ebb.
Reduced our opportunity to bridge the W/L gap.
That and the occasional inexplicable loss is why it took so long.

Same thing happened when Carlton were at their lowest ebb.
Reduced our opportunity to bridge the W/L gap.
That and the occasional inexplicable loss is why it took so long.

At least, while playing as well as they have in 20 years, they’ve only been able to beat us once, without Nick, in a dead rubber on our way to a flag.

So nourishing.

I’m a bit of a sadist, the idea of north going winless appeals to me
No team has since Fitzroy in 1963. Blimey. Inevitably some team slips up. Technically, North have already "won" against us, in a match simulation, which they were treating as their grand final 🤣

Remove this Banner Ad

Back