Toast Pick 28 - Fraser McInnes

Remove this Banner Ad

Seems like WCE are targeting agile big guys. He does look like he moves well for his size. Will be interested in seeing more of him though over the coming pre-season.

When Worsfold dropped the "succession planning" hint before the draft, I'm guessing he was talking about targeting McInnes as a long-term replacement for Lynch, not Glass. He does play/look a bit like Quinten to me. Big lump. Looks good as a leading forward with a powerful kick.

Question I have for those smarter folks...

How's his defensive game? Can he tackle and pressure or is he basically Lynchy in this regard.

The Q has made a great contribution but this kid is a big step up in class from the vision.

whhooo haarrr

Man he is a impressive mover, very quick first few steps and lovely side step as well. He also has a cannon of a left foot as well.

I think we have a goodun here just needs to work on his endurance.

Hopefully he continues to train very well.

Man he is a impressive mover, very quick first few steps and lovely side step as well. He also has a cannon of a left foot as well.

Yeah, he is quick off the mark. I like the fact he can go both ways laterally at speed, some people just go one way and become predictable. He also seems to be able to get good spring off both feet too: In his clip he jumps off his right mostly, but at the centre bounce he jumps off his left.

His mobility, versatility and skill gives him every chance of being a good player. I also hear he is very professional and driven which is the best thing.

His mobility, versatility and skill gives him every chance of being a good player. I also hear he is very professional and driven which is the best thing.
Given the family history that is no suprise at all.

Spoke to a Demons club official who reckons he is going to be a jet.

Asked him about his injury and whether West Coast were possibly trying to hide him. He said he did have an injury but probably could have played with it, so may be some truth in it.

Spoke to a Demons club official who reckons he is going to be a jet.

Asked him about his injury and whether West Coast were possibly trying to hide him. He said he did have an injury but probably could have played with it, so may be some truth in it.
It just sound like one of those "we were always going to take him" stories doesn't it?

RE any idea if he will be groomed more as a forward or a defender?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think he will be used as both, a bit like Hurley can play both ends of the field.
He was impressive at Thursday's training.

I think he will be used as both, a bit like Hurley can play both ends of the field.
He was impressive at Thursday's training.

very good to hear and i reckon he will play a few games as a fwd this year ,(apparently if he had gone to u/18s champs he might have been a top 10 draft pick if so we have done really well to limit his exposure )

Bump.

Long time coming but great to see the kid get a game this week. Hope its the first of many.

Only taken the club four years and three knee injuries to play him backward of center. :rolleyes:

Only taken the club four years and three knee injuries to play him backward of center. :rolleyes:
Honestly don't know why the club tried to make him a chf. Always looked like a rangey chb to me. When we drafted him I thought he was glassys replacement

Still a young bloke fought 4 years gets his chance looking forward to seeing what he can do.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back