Review Player Review, 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

I had Madge at a 6 or a 7 before the semi final performance. He was great in the back half of the year until the Cats game. Perhaps emotions got the better of me based on that one calamitous outing.

It was a tough night to sit through as a Pies fan.
I too think that Madgen gets a better than pass mark. His improvement was stark and for the most part he became pretty reliable and not often beaten. The other night was a nightmare for him, but it isn't like he was the only one

Thanks for the analysis. A great read. I would have Crisp up there with our best - unless you meant to confine it to just 5, even then may nudge someone out. Too harsh to shave points off Madgen for his final outing. He is someone who I didn't rate at all before this year and now I can see him holding a spot in best 6 up back. Elliott's first year as mid - better than most in their first year. He has just come to the role late in life. I can see him becoming a gun. Grundy is generally being judged against a very high standard - which he didn't get to this year. That in itself is a worry given the investment Sidey's football year was a disaster - I suspect we would have seen him back for the finals if he hadn't had ground to make up at home for the earlier debacle. Never seen such a drop off in ability as from WHE and Stevo. Both scared of contact, scared to have a shot, scared to make a mistake. Nearly spewed when Stevo made that last goal against Geelong - pressure was off.

If the lock down and travelling affected us more than others, then our coaching and team management haven't done their jobs.

Disappointing season but still had a better ride than 12 other clubs. Roll on 2021.

Our best 6
And it ain't close
Adams
Moore
Maynard
Crisp
Pendels
Daicos

And first concern
No forwards
Second pendels misses 4 games Andi's still top 5
Third
No de goey
No treleor
No Stephenson
No sidebottom

Next 4 best on this season
Which illustrates our position

MAGDEN
Noble
Treleor
Grundy

Thanks for the analysis. A great read. I would have Crisp up there with our best - unless you meant to confine it to just 5, even then may nudge someone out. Too harsh to shave points off Madgen for his final outing. He is someone who I didn't rate at all before this year and now I can see him holding a spot in best 6 up back. Elliott's first year as mid - better than most in their first year. He has just come to the role late in life. I can see him becoming a gun. Grundy is generally being judged against a very high standard - which he didn't get to this year. That in itself is a worry given the investment Sidey's football year was a disaster - I suspect we would have seen him back for the finals if he hadn't had ground to make up at home for the earlier debacle. Never seen such a drop off in ability as from WHE and Stevo. Both scared of contact, scared to have a shot, scared to make a mistake. Nearly spewed when Stevo made that last goal against Geelong - pressure was off.

If the lock down and travelling affected us more than others, then our coaching and team management haven't done their jobs.

Disappointing season but still had a better ride than 12 other clubs. Roll on 2021.
Show how good a job bucks has done

Our best 6
And it ain't close
Adams
Moore
Maynard
Crisp
Pendels
Daicos

And first concern
No forwards
Second pendels misses 4 games Andi's still top 5
Third
No de goey
No treleor
No Stephenson
No sidebottom

Next 4 best on this season
Which illustrates our position

MAGDEN
Noble
Treleor
Grundy
No mention of injuries to players.
No acknowledgement of no vfl for players to regain form.
No mention of the shitty draw with 3 games in 3 states in something like a fortnight.
Superficial analysis.

This was a cruddy season from just about any perspective but any analysis ignoring those factors is almost irrelevant to me.

No mention of injuries to players.
No acknowledgement of no vfl for players to regain form.
No mention of the shitty draw with 3 games in 3 states in something like a fortnight.
Superficial analysis.

This was a cruddy season from just about any perspective but any analysis ignoring those factors is almost irrelevant to me.
And a good tradesman doesn't blame his tools

In your perspective

Magden and daicos were simply outstanding as they improved ,we're durable and mentally capable to perform

Don't make excuses

Mediocrity

We went into the season
With
Holes everywhere
Players not ready
Players under injury clouds

Like all clubs

And a good tradesman doesn't blame his tools

In your perspective

Magden and daicos were simply outstanding as they improved ,we're durable and mentally capable to perform

Don't make excuses

Mediocrity

We went into the season
With
Holes everywhere
Players not ready
Players under injury clouds

Like all clubs
Yeah well your perspective is well known and good luck with it.
Moving on.

A bit harsh on Coxy considering the eye sight issues he had. Had them fixed properly during the season and ended up showing his talent. If you listen to the interview he did recently it was actually quite a serious issue with his eyes, we never knew how bad it was until he spoke about it. I definitely give him a pass for the season as he did finish well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back