Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 27

Remove this Banner Ad

The Rankine thing makes me wonder why players take their first bounce so early on a break, run your full measure or close to it before you take a bounce, he'd have been fine if he did this.
What you’re saying makes sense but footballers have always done what he did for as long as I can remember.
They bounce it two or 3 times and run 10 meters.
Never could work out why.

The running too far rule is the worst officiated rule in the game and that's a fiercely competitive category.

Next time you see a short kick that gets paid a mark, consider what would've happened if a player ran that same distance. Theoretically, they should be pinged for running too far as it's the same distance. But they never are unless they run 20 metres minimum.

The kick outs are comical for this. Players regularly run from the edge of the square to half way down the 50 which is theoretically 15 metres. But it's never paid.

It's kind of infuriating to sit there and contrast what gets paid a mark v how far players can run.

I just got home and saw this afternoon's scores. Enjoyed a nice afternoon at the bubbles festival at the wine centre followed by tapas. Appears I had a far more entertaining afternoon not watching the footy.

The running too far rule is the worst officiated rule in the game and that's a fiercely competitive category.

Next time you see a short kick that gets paid a mark, consider what would've happened if a player ran that same distance. Theoretically, they should be pinged for running too far as it's the same distance. But they never are unless they run 20 metres minimum.

The kick outs are comical for this. Players regularly run from the edge of the square to half way down the 50 which is theoretically 15 metres. But it's never paid.

It's kind of infuriating to sit there and contrast what gets paid a mark v how far players can run.
About as comical as the handballs.
It should be a closed fist but I haven’t seen that for donkeys years.

Just change the rule. Make it 20 or 25 so it makes more sense. That's basically what they pay it as. 15 steps is more like 25-30m anyway.

We all love seeing players use their pace, just give them a bit more leeway. The way it's adjudicated is generally you need to do 25-30m+ before you get pinged.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Noah Balta finally puts the Tigers on the board for a goal, after 69 disposals this match. The Tigers average 36.4 disposals per goal in 2024, which is the worst ratio in the competiton.

I couldn't care less if the bottom fell out for 10 years if we'd recently won three flags lol

I would even accept a.... wooden spoon

Remove this Banner Ad

Back