Prediction R11 Changes V Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

No change.

Bramble sub.
Daniel comes in.

Doc to Papley
Gags head to head with Heeney at stoppages (looked like he did this vs Green last night).
Bont needs to take this game by the horns and take it to Heeney and Warner.

What did Bev say about Cleary?
Thought he was overawed a little, got out bodied in contests quite easily and was a bit panicky. He did do some good things also but not sure he's quite ready for the level yet.
How does he get comfortable at the level though? Can’t do that in the VFL. He’s already had 2-3 seasons there.

If JJ is right to go I would be bringing him straight back in, would look to have Daniel play a full game and maybe look to bring in one of the VFL guys.

5 day break off a game in those conditions that was quite a combative game I think you need to make some changes.

Don’t think Bus or Sanders get a run this week but both must be very close.

Outs:
Bramble was terrible and if he isn’t going to play back let’s play someone that is actually a forward or has forward instincts, may be time to give say Arty a go in that role.

Wonder whether we would give a Freijah or Gallagher a rest or the sub role with their younger bodies after a game like that.

Thought Cliz was great. Obviously a few struggles in contests but thought apart from that he was brilliant, brings a cool head and is a very important cog across a half back line with very little defensive focus.
Halfway through the game I thought geez this kid may not be on our list for much longer, but then he had several solid involvements and redeemed himself and then some.

The boy just needs to put on some bulk!

On SM-A505YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

experience profiles based on this week, Sydney have so many in that emerging period 50-99 compared to our under 50s who make far more rookie errors
SydneyGamesDogs
1Less than 508
1150 to 992
3100 to 1496
4150 to 2003
4200 or more4

Strong performance across the board makes it hard to leave anyone out. Off the short turn around I think resting a couple youngsters is a good idea and rewarding good form at VFL is always a bonus.
Personally I'd drop Jamarra aswell, his arm flailing and complaining to team mates whilst missing shots and no second efforts are really bothering me. It won't happen so I won't list it.

Out: Gallagher, JOD, Daniel
In: Poulter, Buss, Scott
Bramble to sub
JUH should be first on the list to get dropped, in single figure disposals just about every game, spoils the marking forwards while he attempts mark of the season (which he misses or drops), has no idea on how to play defensive, it completely stuffed by quarter time (after being on the ground for no more than 10 minutes and as you said constantly bitching to the more talented players around him.

JUH should be first on the list to get dropped, in single figure disposals just about every game, spoils the marking forwards while he attempts mark of the season (which he misses or drops), has no idea on how to play defensive, it completely stuffed by quarter time (after being on the ground for no more than 10 minutes and as you said constantly bitching to the more talented players around him.
JUH out, Lobb in. JF in if fit for run and carry. Lobb as second ruck, Darcy deep forward. Cleary out.

Not so sure about the last point you made but it's hard to argue against any of the rest. The only mitigating point is that he requires a tall defender to mark him and thus take the pressure off Naughts and Darcy. Buku as a deep forward may be an option to consider. At least he kicks straight.

JUH out, Lobb in. JF in if fit for run and carry. Lobb as second ruck, Darcy deep forward. Cleary out.
Best option, Sydney would have to put a tall defender on him if he's in the forward line and he could play decoy for Naughton and Darcy like Bruce used to do for Naughton. Lobb also has other strings in his bow (unlike JUH), he can play in the ruck which allows Darcy and English to spend time in the forward line, plus he has endurance to last more than 10 minutes without being exhausted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we were to drop JUH (I wouldn’t) does it make sense to bring in another tall (Lobb) or would we better off bringing in a smaller player, say Clarke or Arty instead?

I keep reading comments that we are too top heavy. Neither JUH nor Lobb seem to provide much defensive pressure when play is in our f50. So why does it appear that there is an assumption if JUH goes out then Lobb must come in?

I get the decoy argument but for me that only applies to JUH because I feel it’s going to click at some stage and we’ll see the reappearance of the class that he can bring. It’s also an investment in our future. I don’t see either of those with Lobb.

Can't play both Keath and Busslinger in the same team in my opinion. Two slow defenders, with Sydneys mobile players. Busslinger will have to wait another week.

No change this week for me.

IN - Daniel
SUB - Bramble
Delusional if you think Keath is slow. Maybe not great with his agility but in straight lines he is very quick!!

If we were to drop JUH (I wouldn’t) does it make sense to bring in another tall (Lobb) or would we better off bringing in a smaller player, say Clarke or Arty instead?

I keep reading comments that we are too top heavy. Neither JUH nor Lobb seem to provide much defensive pressure when play is in our f50. So why does it appear that there is an assumption if JUH goes out then Lobb must come in?

I get the decoy argument but for me that only applies to JUH because I feel it’s going to click at some stage and we’ll see the reappearance of the class that he can bring. It’s also an investment in our future. I don’t see either of those with Lobb.
If I had faith in our smalls I'd go smaller but lobb is performing well in the twos so I feel it should be rewarded.

Strong performance across the board makes it hard to leave anyone out. Off the short turn around I think resting a couple youngsters is a good idea and rewarding good form at VFL is always a bonus.
Personally I'd drop Jamarra aswell, his arm flailing and complaining to team mates whilst missing shots and no second efforts are really bothering me. It won't happen so I won't list it.

Out: Gallagher, JOD, Daniel
In: Poulter, Buss, Scott
Bramble to sub

Ain’t no way you’re dropping Gags and JOD after last night. Are people watching the same game??

No way JUH gets dropped. Sure, I get some of his efforts are poor but his main problem is kicking straight. Should have had kicked 3 against GWS. There is so much potential there and he plays his best footy at Marvel if he has his kicking boots on he could be the difference.

Ain’t no way you’re dropping Gags and JOD after last night. Are people watching the same game??
I wouldn't be dropping them I'd be resting them. Need to protect them, the season is a marathon not a sprint.
In any case I don't think Gags was great, going at 24% isn't ideal even in wet weather.

I wouldn't be dropping them I'd be resting them. Need to protect them, the season is a marathon not a sprint.
In any case I don't think Gags was great, going at 24% isn't ideal even in wet weather.
Who could come in?

For Gallagher anyway

Delusional if you think Keath is slow. Maybe not great with his agility but in straight lines he is very quick!!

Unfortunately for Keath, and us, AFL isn’t a sprint race.

He’s got the turning circle and take off speed of a tanker. His recovery once the ball leaves the contest is also slow.

He can quite comfortably be described as a slow footballer.

Swans still bitter about 2016 in their previews.

Funny how after all these years, they still think they were the best team on Grand Final Day and only lost because of the umpires. Ignoring the fact they got smashed in inside 50s by like 20, their forwards did nothing all day, their only good patch was late in the second quarter. And the fact they won the Free Kick count in the final quarter, yet we smashed them on the scoreboard (I thought free kicks meant they would have won the quarter right? right?). Or even if all the so missed calls were made, and correct calls kept, they still likely would have lost the FK count by a bit regardless.

I guess entitlement is a real thing when you finish on top and can't stand having lost to a 7th placed team. The flag was rightfully theirs to be given to them not earned. Lucky they were not playing the Giants or Cats in the final who are more efficient with their inside 50s, the game would have been over at half time.

Anyway, I still expect them to flog us this week. If the Dogs are to be serious about having to turn around, I expect nothing less than a close contest. Can accept another Geelong like game, but not another Essendon or Demons game. A win would be much better. The next two weeks will define our season. Hoping the short turn around and wet game doesn't leave us out of legs late. Swans currently the best team in the league, and its daylight between them and the next best. Cats, Power, Demons, Pies and Giants have all had flakey patches.

Last edited:
Swans still bitter about 2016 in their previews.

Funny how after all these years, they still think they were the best team on Grand Final Day and only lost because of the umpires. Ignoring the fact they got smashed in inside 50s by like 20, their forwards did nothing all day, their only good patch was late in the second quarter. And the fact they won the Free Kick count in the final quarter, yet we smashed them on the scoreboard (I thought free kicks meant they would have won the quarter right? right?). Or even if all the so missed calls were made, and correct calls kept, they still likely would have lost the FK count by a bit regardless.

I guess entitlement is a real thing when you finish on top and can't stand having lost to a 7th placed team. The flag was rightfully theirs to be given to them not earned. Lucky they were not playing the Giants or Cats in the final who are more efficient with their inside 50s, the game would have been over at half time.

Anyway, I still expect them to flog us this week. If the Dogs are to be serious about having to turn around, I expect nothing less than a close contest. Can accept another Geelong like game, but not another Essendon or Demons game. A win would be much better. The next two weeks will define our season. Hoping the short turn around and wet game doesn't leave us out of legs late. Swans currently the best team in the league, and its daylight between them and the next best. Cats, Power, Demons, Giants have all had flakey patches.
I just went and read their preview.

Jesus H Christ, delusional as it gets... Literally bringing up irrelevant topics like the outstanding court-case the club is going through to make themselves somehow feel better about 2016? What the **** is wrong with them?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back