Preview Rd 7 Geelong V Carlton Sat April 27 435 pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't possibly sub Parfitt, finally finds form and is dropped for a guy who's outta form in a big game? Sure 2E can play back but so can Atkins and I'd prefer him over 2E atm. Drop Atkins back and bring in Hardie or Man who've been knocking on the door for selection. I think we'll manage okay without Stewart and if we can't we need learn how to.

Yes, park in the backblocks of Newport train station if driving from Geelong, then take the train to the game. You will have to change trains at flinders though...

Matthew Jelley

This is absolutely what I'd do, Newport has a large free car park 100m away from it between the footy oval and the train line on Market St, so no need to scour the back blocks.

On the second point. It's a 20 minute ride to flinders and then I usually walk through Birrung Marr along the river, you can change train or tram from there too though if you prefer.

I’ve watched the Cats for a very long time and I can’t recall a time when we had such an even team. Even the glory eras 2007 to 2011, we still had a reasonably clear ‘bottom 6’.

I can - in 2022.

The Age is calling this game the biggest clash since 1995 Grand Final + state Carlton is a much stronger, tougher side. Seems based upon Carlton defeating GWS with a second-half, which included six goals in 13 minutes. The Blues handed the Giants their first defeat of the season, despite being ravaged by injury.

Geelong has won three of the last five meetings between the two sides.

2024 Stats per game:
Wins
Geelong 6
Carlton 5

Disposals
Carlton ranks 8th
Geelong rank 10th

Goals
Carlton rank 3rd
Geelong rank 5th

Average points
Geelong 95.8
Carlton 95.5

Defence Points Relinquished
Geelong 67.8
Carlton 84.7.

HT/FT Double
Geelong 100.0%
Carlton 16.7%

Looking forward to SDK playing on TDK, recreating countless childhood battles on the MCG.

Obviously, Carlton will focus on stopping our forwards, hopefully: Stengle will slip through + take the game away; My Boy Miers continues to deliver I50s on a silver platter; Hawkins, Cameron, Henry, Close to kick accurately + often, + Miers to kick goals, with a return goal or 10 for Cuthrie; may our MF + Defence make Carlton cry.

Caturday - CheerGoCats.jpg

The Age is calling this game the biggest clash since 1995 Grand Final + state Carlton is a much stronger, tougher side. Seems based upon Carlton defeating GWS with a second-half, which included six goals in 13 minutes. The Blues handed the Giants their first defeat of the season, despite being ravaged by injury.

Geelong has won three of the last five meetings between the two sides.

2024 Stats per game:
Wins
Geelong 6
Carlton 5

Disposals
Carlton ranks 8th
Geelong rank 10th

Goals
Carlton rank 3rd
Geelong rank 5th

Average points
Geelong 95.8
Carlton 95.5

Defence Points Relinquished
Geelong 67.8
Carlton 84.7.

HT/FT Double
Geelong 100.0%
Carlton 16.7%

Looking forward to SDK playing on TDK, recreating countless childhood battles on the MCG.

Obviously, Carlton will focus on stopping our forwards, hopefully: Stengle will slip through + take the game away; My Boy Miers continues to deliver I50s on a silver platter; Hawkins, Cameron, Henry, Close to kick accurately + often, + Miers to kick goals, with a return goal or 10 for Cuthrie; may our MF + Defence make Carlton cry.

View attachment 1972138

It’s the biggest Geelong v Carlton clash since then, sure. But that is a tallest dwarf thing

It’s the biggest Geelong v Carlton clash since then, sure. But that is a tallest dwarf thing
The Age is calling this game the biggest clash since 1995 Grand Final + state Carlton is a much stronger, tougher side...

Says so much more about them than it does about us. Soooo much.

GAme day open

Go Catters

Don't like the idea of subbing players who are in form.

For both selection integrity and team balance, Touhy should be the sub.

Brandan is a grinder. He needs time to work into a game and can only play one position. His role doesn't suit that of the sub IMO, it hinders him rather than helping him.

Touhy on the other hand, fresh legs and can play all over the ground, and with the way he's looked the last 18 months, he probably needs everyone else to be fatigued to play effectively.

Parfitt doesn’t have the versatility of the others on the 5-man bench, nor does he have the running capacity. As already mentioned, Tuohy isn’t in sub contention as he’s named on field.

Can't possibly sub Parfitt, finally finds form and is dropped for a guy who's outta form in a big game? Sure 2E can play back but so can Atkins and I'd prefer him over 2E atm. Drop Atkins back and bring in Hardie or Man who've been knocking on the door for selection. I think we'll manage okay without Stewart and if we can't we need learn how to.

Mannagh has not been knocking the door down.

Parfitt doesn’t have the versatility of the others on the 5-man bench, nor does he have the running capacity. As already mentioned, Tuohy isn’t in sub contention as he’s named on field.
Legislation changed on that. It doesn't have to come from the bench now.

In round 1 for Essendon, Tsatas was named on the wing and was selected as sub by Brad Scott.

Count down to the gameday thread 10.9.8.7.6.5.4

GAme day open

Go Catters

it was 4 posts above yours

GO Catters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back