Game Day Round 10, 2024 : Port v Hawthorn, 3:20pm, AO

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Port are classy and coming off an away win against Geelong, they will be up and about. They should win and win well so a good result for me is we are in the contest. Ie, within a few kicks at each break with Port pulling away in the last.

We would be the feature of every talk show in town if we win this.

Nah it would just be all about how long Hinkley has left

Need to get off to a good start, silence the crowd early. Port’s confidence would be high after last week, but Geelong have proven to not be the same side that went 7-0. So their confidence might be misplaced.

Jump them early with the first few goals for a change and we could see a great upset.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Meek needs to be pivotal today. If he can give our mids adequate first use of the ball, we will be in with a chance.
Visentini was really impressive last week but Meek should be dominating inexperienced rucks like him. We look like we have goals in us with Chol, Breust, Ginnivan, Watson and even Day floating forward so should be a show if we can get some clean entries

Visentini was really impressive last week but Meek should be dominating inexperienced rucks like him. We look like we have goals in us with Chol, Breust, Ginnivan, Watson and even Day floating forward so should be a show if we can get some clean entries
Agree. Meek should dominate here. And this week has Chol to chop out.

I'll be happy if we bring the same effort and intent as the last few weeks and add a little polish. That's what's stopping us from putting on scoreboard pressure.
This is exactly what I want.
So long there is real effort and we do the simple things well I won’t be too disappointed.

Port at home is by far one of the toughest assignments in footy.
Would be real nice is Chol can clunk a few grabs, our forward line really struggled at stages, so ground ball pressure is going to be vital if we want be competitive this afternoon.

I recon Warps has struggled a bit since Day has come back, so hopefully he can have a bit more of an impact this afternoon.

Every part of my brain says we should lose this, but I dunno, I just feel it in my bones that we can win!
Pre game optimism is a great thing.

I'm going to have a few pints of it before the game. 😉

Going today. In a box too which is awesome. Five hours of piss.

Think if we’re in it at qtr time we are a chance. Can’t let them get their tails up through centre bounce and transition.

Mids need a big one, need Day to start to get back to his best

Would assume you'd have access to all the Pirate Life and Coopers you can handle as well, being in Adelaide. Nice.

Enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back