Game Day Round 11 vs. Fremantle, OS, 8:10pm Friday 24/05

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well thankyou for the drive by
Don't know what you are on about. You have offered an opinion as did I earlier and we disagreed. You were at the ground and I was not, so I am happy to hear from others who may back up your view as Jen has done. From where I sat and watched the game, he was all but unsighted, and several others felt the same.

Don't know what you are on about. You have offered an opinion as did I earlier and we disagreed. You were at the ground and I was not, so I am happy to hear from others who may back up your view as Jen has done. From where I sat and watched the game, he was all but unsighted, and several others felt the same.
You said you’d wait for the ‘experts’ as if I wasn’t one so I was just being salty.

I trained with the Pies in Arizona, don’t you know who I am?!? 😊

yeah, if checkers doesnt get up, it'll be Kreuger. Ash isn't exactly putting his hand up atm
Ash played a pretty good game in the VFL today. Took five marks most of them contested in a game we barely got forward. Was also an excellent the week before with 6 marks and 3 goals as well.

Not sure why you feel the need to lay the boots into AJ each chance you get.

He was really good early, then got stuck on the bench for decent parts of 3rd and 4th quarters, more so because of rotations and the play being on the other side of the ground.
He had good moments (was involved in 5 score involvements, so was effective), played a role. Sometimes you have quieter games, doesn't mean they are poor games.

Ash played a pretty good game in the VFL today. Took five marks most of them contested in a game we barely got forward. Was also an excellent the week before with 6 marks and 3 goals as well.

We might even bring in both AJ and freddy

just going by the stats it looked quiet. And someone said he should be dominating.
I only stayed for the first half before I had to leave.

With a WA game and indigenous round they may include AJ
Could help his confidence

Dean in for markov is a distinct possibility. He’s the only one likely to be dropped for non “ players returning from injury” reasons
Leggy did his job though, didn’t do much but he did his job.

From what I’ve heard Dean didn’t play nearly as well as he did last week in the VFL, had a couple kicked on him.

You said you’d wait for the ‘experts’ as if I wasn’t one so I was just being salty.

I trained with the Pies in Arizona, don’t you know who I am?!? 😊
Sorry, that was not a shot at you. It was saying to you 'I hear your argument, I was not at the game, there may well be substance to your position, so let's wait to hear from others who may back up your position'. I did not intend disrespect and apologise if I worded it badly and came across as insulting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry, that was not a shot at you. It was saying to you 'I hear your argument, I was not at the game, there may well be substance to your position, so let's wait to hear from others who may back up your position'. I did not intend disrespect and apologise if I worded it badly and came across as insulting.
All good. Play on x

I cannot imagine Jen 'laying the boots' into anyone. I watched the last 2 VFL games and thought that Johnson lacked intensity at the contest and did not perform to the standard you'd expect form an AFL CHF. Today he may have taken 5 marks, but he only had 6 disposals and one goal. Those stats alone don't justify promotion. Kreuger may not have done any better had he had the opportunity, but he is prepared to put his body on the line and that is a major priority with anyone who is to play a big man role at AFL level. Plus he has not been given a chance at AFL level and Johnson has.

Leggy did his job though, didn’t do much but he did his job.

From what I’ve heard Dean didn’t play nearly as well as he did last week in the VFL, had a couple kicked on him.

More about team balance for me. Dean frees up Maynard to not have to play undersized. Leggy doesn’t really have a role witn IQ and Noble in that back six.

More about team balance for me. Dean frees up Maynard to not have to play undersized. Leggy doesn’t really have a role witn IQ and Noble in that back six.
That’s true. I just feel we’ve been playing very well as a defensive side now that Oleg is back down back.

With Oleg taking up another smallish forward and locking them down, it free’s up Noble who i feel has taken Markov’s role from last year, and is now able to run free around the ground, pick up the disposals and have a big impact on the game, whilst still as a team playing well defensively and making it hard for other teams to score.

I feel dean would throw the defensive team off and to be fair, ever since dean got dropped defensively we’ve been much better.

I reckon dean should play if one of the bigger boys gets injured, and replace them, not a small-medium type defender. Or replace one of the defenders if they’ve had an absolute shocker, but Oleg didn’t have anywhere near a shocker today

McInnes was looking good in that 3rd quarter and he continues to have not much luck whether it be injury or being squeezed out by a Premiership winning teammates.

I hope we're working on re-signing him because he's showing enough at AFL level for mine and after Henry we really can't afford to lose another promising young forward.
was thinking the exact same thing, just when he was starting to look dangerous, goes down with an injury, self inflicted too because he had his head hit after dropping the chest mark
Just want to see him get a full month of football at senior level, I believe he will improve at a rapid rate when he feels confident and comfortable at the level

Finn's fine offensively, but his contest isn't up to scratch.
Not yet confirmed for mine. Kicked 3 last week, mostly straight in front from simple handball receives. It never looked a game that clearly showed he's up to it. Need to see more from him than that.

Richards has shown he can play as a small forward, Sullivan as an ok inside mid. I think Macrae is still a question mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back