Autopsy Round 15 = Collingwood 79-91 Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

No, I think that Lynchs unpredictability in tapping down the ball to areas where the oppo mids couldn't antcipate it, played a big part in us getting the ball going our way out of the centre when we played Melbourne.
No need for the personal abuse beligerent one, just trying to have a civil discussion.
So you give me a LOL? No rebuttal I see, can't fault my argument. On your bike
What added to my annoyance with the disgraceful call against Maynard is the umpire checking up at the replay as the ball made it's why back to the centre. From his reaction it appeared that he knew he'd made the wrong call regarding the push.

Time for a captain's call and an extension of the review system to remove obvious umpire howlers in the immediate lead up play.
Yet that nob Carey, when asked about Maynard's reaction and the umpiring decision itself, couldn't bring himself to say that the umpire got it totally wrong. It was all just about Maynard's ill-discipline in drawing the 50m penalty. They are not robots out there, and I can't imagine Carey the player, when confronted with those same circumstances, would not have given the umpire concerned a well-deserved gobful.

What I would have liked to have seen happen, while the ump was setting the mark, take some time to glance up at the replay on the screen and seeing the error, overrule himself and reverse the decision, or at least have a ball-up. Would have taken courage to do it, but the umpire would have earned a lot of praise from the public and earned the respect of the players for his commonsense action.

No, I think that Lynchs unpredictability in tapping down the ball to areas where the oppo mids couldn't antcipate it, played a big part in us getting the ball going our way out of the centre when we played Melbourne.
No need for the personal abuse beligerent one, just trying to have a civil discussion.
It was Bucks's last game and JDG and Pendles were pumped up for it and had blinders.

Nice to be able to see a live match again, albeit a dour affair. On the way in was stuck in traffic next to Howe, who had Ash Johnson riding shotgun. I told my boys who started waving a scarf out the window. Howe was great, wound his window down and chatted to the kids at the lights a few times.

With Moore missing it would have been nice to have him back out there.:pensive:

Nice to be able to see a live match again, albeit a dour affair. On the way in was stuck in traffic next to Howe, who had Ash Johnson riding shotgun. I told my boys who started waving a scarf out the window. Howe was great, wound his window down and chatted to the kids at the lights a few times.

With Moore missing it would have been nice to have him back out there.:pensive:
Hoddle Street was worse than morning peak-hour. Missed most of the first quarter.

He is on over $900000 a year according to last Saturday's Age newspaper.
I’ll happily call bullshit on that report. Reports at the time of him signing had his salary at around $900k with some reports saying “up to $1m” which is a clever industry trick often used to sensationalise a players salary and suck in chumps who take those reports at face value.
And those are pre-covid numbers too. Players league wide have had to take pay cuts to adjust to the new salary cap, Grundy and Collingwood players are no exception.

Hasn't Josh Daicos gone back to being a ''meh'' footballer quickly.
I'd love to be able to vigorously rebut your comment LP but the evidence would be flimsy and very occasional.
The odd goal teases a bit, but i think Josh is getting it a little less and for one of our better kicks ( and wow do we need them ) isn't doing a great deal with it.
Has plateaued this year at an OK level, probably not helped by less than great seasons from most of our experienced mids, captain excluded.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ll happily call bullshit on that report. Reports at the time of him signing had his salary at around $900k with some reports saying “up to $1m” which is a clever industry trick often used to sensationalise a players salary and suck in chumps who take those reports at face value.
And those are pre-covid numbers too. Players league wide have had to take pay cuts to adjust to the new salary cap, Grundy and Collingwood players are no exception.
Don't shoot the messenger. It was stated in an article about Cripps taking unders to stay at Carlton - that his new 6 year contract sees him on significantly less than Grundy. I would have thought they would have updated their figures to post covid amounts, but who knows?

‘We are a better team without Grundy, definitely’
‘Grundy makes us no better than Lynch’
‘We are no good with Grundy’

I honestly think some of you are some of the most bipolar and uneducated supporters I have ever seen in my life. Genuinely pathetic. Without Grundy we are dog sh*t, but don’t let it get in the way of the romanticising-of how better we could’ve spent the money than on him. What an absolute crock this thread is.
There may be more bi-polar sufferers in this forum than you imagine. They won't be happy being lumped in with the 'uneducated' and labelled 'pathetic'. Gone are the days when you could use '*******' or '******' as an insult. The 21st century awaits your arrival.

I don't think he is meh but I don't think so far he has taken the next step up from the promise he showed last year. He is not in the game often enough or consistently enough to have a major influence.
He’s averaging slightly more possessions this year, just under 19.
At 22 years of age, he looks primed to continue his improvement.

Chamberlain I happily turn around after running through and do it as often as he got up again - slimeball.

I think he's one of the best out there.

Trent Bianco (12 disposals @ 75%, 152 metres gained, 4 contested possessions, 8 uncontested possessions, 7 kicks, 5 handballs, 5 marks, 2 Marks Inside 50, 4 score involvements & 2 goals) had a relatively quiet game, but he showed he could impact the scoreboard up forward with two classy goals.

Glad I'm not the only one who thought that.

Hasn't Josh Daicos gone back to being a ''meh'' footballer quickly.

Wouldn't say "meh", more that he's plateaued a bit this year rather than any significant advancement from 2020. Still only 22, plays his 50th game this weekend, and has moved into the guts so learning a new role. I think he's been slowly coming to terms with the new role and hopefully will find some improvement in the back end of the season.

Thought we played pretty well overall. They are a better team overall than us currently but being at home made it a pretty 50:50 game and thats how it turned out. Very hard to say much about Harvey, I do like his understated style for Collingwood at this time.

Positives for mine

Bianco - Assured with ball in hand and great by foot, quietish but has class
Poulter - Quiet but improved through the day, I liked that he came back into the game when a kid of his experience could have been forgiven for being a non entity on the day

I can see these 2 as being 100 game plus, solid players

I think all of Thomas, Mayne and especially WHE have been good in recent weeks, would sign Thomas and Mayne for another season. All were good on the weekend and WHE seasons left in him. Wing looks his go.

Pendles was great

Cox and Call Brown are done at Collingwood. Madge had a few bad moments but some good ones also. He isnt the answer long term but he will go around again next year, solid body and can play a role for now.

Thought we played pretty well overall. They are a better team overall than us currently but being at home made it a pretty 50:50 game and thats how it turned out. Very hard to say much about Harvey, I do like his understated style for Collingwood at this time.

Positives for mine

Bianco - Assured with ball in hand and great by foot, quietish but has class
Poulter - Quiet but improved through the day, I liked that he came back into the game when a kid of his experience could have been forgiven for being a non entity on the day

I can see these 2 as being 100 game plus, solid players

I think all of Thomas, Mayne and especially WHE have been good in recent weeks, would sign Thomas and Mayne for another season. All were good on the weekend and WHE seasons left in him. Wing looks his go.

Pendles was great

Cox and Call Brown are done at Collingwood. Madge had a few bad moments but some good ones also. He isnt the answer long term but he will go around again next year, solid body and can play a role for now.

Well said, to cut a long story short, I thought for two teams outside the eight it was a really good game of footy - and high intensity.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back