Review Round 22 = Sydney 77-50 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

It's been a great ride but this past week didn't fill me with confidence with Grundy ruled out for the season, talk of illness, De Goey set to miss and up against a Longmire drilled side on their home deck.

Everything must come to an end, you sensed we were ripe for the picking this round, a loss will now release the pressure of expectation that was building on the group and serve as a timely reminder we need to keep looking for ways to improve.

Time now to quickly regroup and set our focus on Carlton.

Disappointing that the streak is over, but we’ve had a great season so shouldn’t be too downbeat at the moment.

Now it’s a simple equation. Beat Carlton. We finish top 4 and they miss the 8.

Bring on next week.

Not unhappy to take this loss now. Identify weaknesses in our/their game plans. Get ready for finals.

Better now than in a couple of weeks’ time

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Sydney was excellent, credit to them. We were really flat. Not sure if it was from the flu that went through the place or if the close games caught up with us, but we were running in wet cement all day.

Carlton with finals on the line will be tough, so we’ll need to get our energy back. Fingers crossed De Goey and Ginnivan are available.

I’m so confused by our coaching department.

We have been playing our best with the 2 ruckman playing about 50% TOG.

However, now we are playing Cameron 80%. If that’s the case, why don’t we just keep Grundy then?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Please, for the love of God, never let me see Hoskin-Elliott don the black and white guernsey ever again.

On the bright side, we get to secure top 4 next week AND send the Pooes to mad Monday.

Next Sunday is going to be a belter.

Was always going to be tough without DeGoey out on top of Adams missing. As bad as we played and the swans strangled us it was our mistakes and decision making that cost us as much as anything. Disappointing to lose, but tidy up a few things and we’re not that far away from the swans at their best.

Let the media spotlight and praise shift to the swans, reload and go again, hopefully under the radar, next week and into finals.

Last edited:
Yup Thats Right GIF by Katelyn Tarver

oh well, bound to lose eventually. Not much else to say, move on to next week.

They set up exceptionally well on that oval.

Poor skill execution and centre clearance work by our mob. Too often was our defense out of place.

Howe had a game to forget.

That was a Complete Shocker.

We where Outplayed so Easily. Guess Shows that we are a Good Side but not a Top Side

Josh Daicos and Murphy where our only Good Players.

I Hope the Flu is the Reason why we looked to have no Energy with Massive Lack of Effort

Just hope this Loss is a Kick Up the Ass the Players Needed before Finals.

Injuries starting to take a Toll with Adams/De Goey/Ginnivan Injured

Disappointing that the streak is over, but we’ve had a great season so shouldn’t be too downbeat at the moment.

Now it’s a simple equation. Beat Carlton. We finish top 4 and they miss the 8.

Bring on next week.

Wise words Ponnie

They played very well in defence

We might have been flu-flat

On the bright side, those with an axe get their opportunity to do some sharpenning.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back