Preview Round 4: Essendon vs Port Adelaide, Adelaide Oval, Friday 5/04/24 @ 8:10 PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In addition to the above, Adealide is a bit more central to everyone than Syndey or BNE - easier to access. Also, most ppl in Sydney and BNE couldn't care about AFL. Swans and Lions even when doing well struggle to sell out games, unless it's a big club visiting.
Adelaide will always get really good attendance at grounds because people in the city just love footy. AFL likes TV ratings, but they also like good crowd numbers. For these reasons, I reckon it's likely to stay in Adelaide and not move to Brisbane or Sydney. But I could be wrong, time will tell.
i dont mind the idea of Gather round being an SA event. But then i really like SA, so im biased.

Rd1 purely hosted in Syd/ACT and Bris i can support if its a full fixture too

Dons supporters, do u think setterfield plays a role on butters/Rozee this week?
Might go to Butters at the stoppage, but he doesn’t play a strict lockdown role as already stated.

Having a look at our record against port, 7 losses in a row, and not having beaten them since 2018, 22 points at adelaide oval. Become a bogey side for us since.

i dont mind the idea of Gather round being an SA event. But then i really like SA, so im biased.

Rd1 purely hosted in Syd/ACT and Bris i can support if its a full fixture too
Agree. Gather round seems to work in Adelaide due to it being a football town and it is like a carnival. Originally I thought it should be Sydney or Brisbane but it has just worked so well where it is. I am not sure it can be as big in Sydney or Brisbane.
I would stay with the round one concept and maybe expand that to have a neutral game in Sydney and Brisbane . Three games in NSW and QLD to start the season.

Having a look at our record against port, 7 losses in a row, and not having beaten them since 2018, 22 points at adelaide oval. Become a bogey side for us since.
Except for their first couple of years and then during the Primus/Laidley years they've definitely had our measure. Overall we're 14 wins, 23 losses against them.

Agree. Gather round seems to work in Adelaide due to it being a football town and it is like a carnival. Originally I thought it should be Sydney or Brisbane but it has just worked so well where it is. I am not sure it can be as big in Sydney or Brisbane.
I would stay with the round one concept and maybe expand that to have a neutral game in Sydney and Brisbane . Three games in NSW and QLD to start the season.
And a very doable road trip from Vic, keep it there IMO!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our last two games have been losses by less than a goal, we definitely have a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back