Preview Round 5: Essendon vs Bulldogs, Marvel Stadium, Friday 12/04/24 @ 7:40 PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why has Caddy been named an emergency? Or are emergency 2 and 3 not really relevant??
They always name young guys as emergency. Has been happening for 25 years. There is always at least 1 emergency that is actually irrelevant. And in worst case scenario that bloke ends up as sub if they do have 3 late changes.

All he needs to do is tackle, tackle, tackle.

He could be like Mick Gayfer - no possessions, no kicks, no marks and 7 tackles - and that would make a huge difference for what we had in the first 4 weeks.
That was the issue. There was no tackle tackle tackle and plenty of sheep dog sheep dog sheep dog.

Roberts is really the only one in the VFL that's probably unlucky not to get a run.

The rest need VFL time. I'm pretty happy they're giving Tsatas and Caddy full games in their preferred position in the VFL for now.
Agree. Roberts and Hayes where the best couple of VFL players.

Had a full pre-season, took part in practice matches and wasn't injured for long. And a tooth? Big deal. Players have debuted with no VFL games under their belt this year. I see no reason to not give him the same shot especially after spots have opened. He's gonna have to play in the team sooner or later. This club has an obsession with wrapping players in cotton wool and in my opinion it's done more in turning them into softies rather than get them more ready for football from what we've witnessed so far.
Actually he did not take part in the practice matchs and was off training for 3 weeks but why would you want to use fact when you can insert your own version of things ?
And it was not about the tooth but more about the whole game he missed to build the fitness back up.

They always name young guys as emergency. Has been happening for 25 years. There is always at least 1 emergency that is actually irrelevant. And in worst case scenario that bloke ends up as sub if they do have 3 late changes.
So being the third emergency wouldn’t mean shit in terms of how close to selection he is? Compared to someone like Robert’s?

I know the way the line-up is named doesn't usually mean anything - but I love the fact Hind is named in a back pocket. If he can back himself in not only to run and carry - but defend it will be a big win for us.
Menzie SUB hopefully he's been very poor this year - you cant average less than 7 possessions and 0.2 goals a game for a small forward and keep your spot....
We have so many starting 22 players out for this one - Ridley, 2MP, Perkins, Setterfield, Shiel & Reid to name a few..
The Dogs really should beat us with soooo many out - BUT - I have a funny feeling we'll put in a really good performance for this game - a win would be magnificent..comon Bombers...!!!

I know the way the line-up is named doesn't usually mean anything - but I love the fact Hind is named in a back pocket. If he can back himself in not only to run and carry - but defend it will be a big win for us.
Menzie SUB hopefully he's been very poor this year - you cant average less than 7 possessions and 0.2 goals a game for a small forward and keep your spot....
We have so many starting 22 players out for this one - Ridley, 2MP, Perkins, Setterfield, Shiel & Reid to name a few..
The Dogs really should beat us with soooo many out - BUT - I have a funny feeling we'll put in a really good performance for this game - a win would be magnificent..comon Bombers...!!!
Menzies needed to be dropped. Out of form, what does a sub vest do for him? Nothing.. needs a good run in the vfl

So being the third emergency wouldn’t mean s**t in terms of how close to selection he is? Compared to someone like Robert’s?
Yes. As I said it has been going on for ever. Voss was emergency at least 5 times last year but did not stand out of VFL games. Do not know why they do it. Maybe it’s to tease the supporters a bit . People think a bloke is close to selection.

Last edited:
Menzies needed to be dropped. Out of form, what does a sub vest do for him? Nothing.. needs a good run in the vfl
I wouldn't be surprised if they will make him sub and if no impact will be VFL next week. Agree, very lucky but with injuries and a stagnant forwardline is probably why he got lucky.

I assume the plan is for Hobbs to take more CBA's to cover Perkins, whilst Durham comes in to cover Setterfield's CBAs.

Davey Jnr comes in to cover the forward-half minutes that Hobbs / Perkins were covering a bit of, rather than Tsatas who either has to play in the middle or out of position.

Hind swap for Menzie.

Defenders were on a hiding to nothing last week so I'm not surprised they didn't drop any of them.

Unfortunate that VFL had a bye last week as Roberts & Hayes were putting together some nice games, hopefully they do so again this week and get a debut shortly.

I have a feeling we'll do something different (like defend), to stifle their ball movement, and be in the game for a while. Then, the inevitable will happen.

Hind is the dumbest player on our list. He is not the answer.
Menzie has been bloody awful ALL year. He is not the answer.

Great to see Alwyn Davey Jnr FINALLY named as playing.
Would much preferred to see Nate Caddy or Tsatas playing.

Anyhoo....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Excited for the game tonight.

Always optimistic and hopeful the boys will play well.

The Dogs team also desperate for a win I reckon we need to start well.

Go Bombers!!!
The Dogs haven't set the world on fire either. Without massive games from Bont. Libba & Treloar last week they would have lost by heaps. It was single handedly those 3 that kept them in it.

We, of course may not get close but the Dogs are nowhere near Port in Adelaide.

Certain people here are going to cry and dispute this but if you want to enjoy the start of your weekend, avoid watching tonight. Its going to get ugly. The Dogs are under as much pressure to perform as us, if not more, due their list. I'll be suprised if its under 10 goals

Certain people here are going to cry and dispute this but if you want to enjoy the start of your weekend, avoid watching tonight. It’s going to get ugly. The Dogs are under as much pressure to perform as us, if not more, due their list. I'll be suprised if its under 10 goals
Wait you’re not going?

And I thought the players were pissweak

;)

Certain people here are going to cry and dispute this but if you want to enjoy the start of your weekend, avoid watching tonight. Its going to get ugly. The Dogs are under as much pressure to perform as us, if not more, due their list. I'll be suprised if its under 10 goals
idk why you go for essendon anymore if all you do is bellyache and complain lol

I have been Essendoned and it is only round 5...It is going to be smashing unfortunately, our midfield won't be able to compete and then it is a slippery slope from there.

We will match it with the dogs if we can curb Bont and Libba. Dogs are weak as piss and overrated

Historically he performs the poorest against us.
Jim Carrey Chance GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back