Autopsy Round 8 = Richmond 113 - 86 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Good one. Sorry I couldn't remember. That you could however, sounds to me like that was a punch that landed. But anyway, your thread creation on Saturday night was wonderful. Long may it continue.

As for your carry on about elbows, there are elbows that can kill and there are other far more minor ones. Mansell's one for which he was reported (I'm guessing it was the second) was very minor. Your suggestion that Ginnivan looked groggy was clearly not one held by the medical staff or he would have had to go through a concussion test. Get over it.

PS. haven't had a practising certificate for over 20 years. Hugs and kisses.

My thread served its purpose for me, very cathartic actually. I couldn't give 2 fat rats toss bags what you thought of it.

Nah it wasn't a punch, I actually took it on board which you see in the reply. You explained it well. That wasn't my point anyhow.
I am also well aware of the way you typically respond to many people so things stick in the memory bank.
Given it was recent discussion it's not hard to remember and only moments ago you were very certain of yours.

My thread served its purpose for me, very cathartic actually. I couldn't give 2 fat rats toss bags what you thought of it.

Nah it wasn't a punch, I actually took it on board which you see in the reply. You explained it well. That wasn't my point anyhow.
I am also well aware of the way you typically respond to many people so things stick in the memory bank.
Given it was recent discussion it's not hard to remember and only moments ago you were very certain of yours.
Keep punching scotty

I struggle to see what it achieves and in fact think you've got it wrong. When footy was more violent, the truly tough teams certainly dished out their share of punishment - but when things got ugly, they stayed focussed on the footy and won the game, whilst the other team was looking for square ups rather than the ball. Hawthorn did that consistently throughout the 80s.

Can do it fairly aswell, there is always a time and place on the ground. We should of come out physically still eyes on ball but smashing like players do in finals. We were quite lethargic almost in the starter 4th.

I wasn't intimating that it does maggie - I am merely stating facts - we have paid out a huge slice of money for 2 players that are contracted for long periods. Neither are producing to that standard and because of those contracts - both the cost and the length - we are not in a position to recruit established players to cover the likely retirements of Roughy and Sidebottom at the end of this season.

Those are incontestable facts - whether the contracts have any bearing on their performances is irrelevant to the point I was making.

Where are these “standards” prescribed? Given you’re so steadfast that they’re not meeting them then they must be set in concrete and written somewhere so that we to can assess their progress against them. It’s hardly a “fact” however if they’re just some arbitrary measures you’ve fabricated.

Which player should have given himself an automatic 4 week suspension? Possibly longer as it would go to the tribunal.

Anyone willing. Every team has players who step the line some do it without being a square up anyway.

Hawks didn't seem to fussed in the line in the sand game, that was the starting of the unsociable Hawks.

They did it because they were constantly bullied by bombers physically at the time. Imo we have been known to be physically soft for a few seasons now.
Not suggesting we need to go the Hawks route but a change in attitude to attack on ball and man, flying the flag for team mates in general needs to happen.

What more do you want? For me to tell you that you are being overly dramatic about an elbow that had no chance of causing serious damage and your carry-on about how serious elbows to the head can be, and how all the players should have remonstrated is a steaming pile of hysteria?
Sure mate.
The king hit elbows certainly do have a chance for dmg that's where you are wrong. And yes I hate how soft our team is, he is 19 and getting targeted weekly needs support.
He can't do what he needs to do if it continues, our players need to harden up and that is across the field. We have a recent history of rolling over to physical sides.
It becomes a cancer in the team.

Ummm….where in my post do I say that?!?

I simply made a call earlier in the week about what WHE would do…:and he did it inside of 2 mins game time!!

I’m going silent on WHE for a bit. I’ve made my thoughts known…..I’ve also stated that until someone demands his spot, he will keep getting games.
So it’s up to others to show more than he does.
So let’s move on from WHE because I’m a tad sick of talking about him TBH!!!

Just wondering why you’d point out WHE dropping a mark and not then highlight every other dropped mark. Wet and slippery conditions, players drop marks they should take. It’s hardly newsworthy or worth singling out 1 player for doing it. Especially when you also fail to note he did manage to hold onto 5 throughout the game. Only Moore, Cameron and Daicos taking more for us with 6 each.

It’s one thing to be sick of it, another completely to be then initiating the hyperbole.

Safe to assume money is one factor that motivates him.

Safe to assume he wouldn't play for minimum wage.

Do you understand ?

Money motivates the vast majority of people but if it was as significant a motivator as your suggesting then he’d be wearing a Crows jumper.

Just wondering why you’d point out WHE dropping a mark and not then highlight every other dropped mark. Wet and slippery conditions, players drop marks they should take. It’s hardly newsworthy or worth singling out 1 player for doing it. Especially when you also fail to note he did manage to hold onto 5 throughout the game. Only Moore, Cameron and Daicos taking more for us with 6 each.

It’s one thing to be sick of it, another completely to be then initiating the hyperbole.

We need to move past WHE, he is a liability that holds his game of single moments like the mark in the last quarter.

I struggle to see what it achieves and in fact think you've got it wrong. When footy was more violent, the truly tough teams certainly dished out their share of punishment - but when things got ugly, they stayed focussed on the footy and won the game, whilst the other team was looking for square ups rather than the ball. Hawthorn did that consistently throughout the 80s.
True. When Magro shirt fronted Jezza that day it galvanised the Blues and they beat us. We also lost that final against the Dogs when Brodie charged in at the centre bounce and took someone high.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whilst I agree that for the most part none of us know what motivates Grundy, it’s safe to assume that a player who held out for one of the largest long term contracts in the league, despite the club not really wanting to provide him with those terms, is at least somewhat motivated by money.

I’d have thought if he’s apparently staying for longer for less then security would be the motivator.

Sure mate.
The king hit elbows certainly do have a chance for dmg that's where you are wrong. And yes I hate how soft our team is, he is 19 and getting targeted weekly needs support.
He can't do what he needs to do if it continues, our players need to harden up and that is across the field. We have a recent history of rolling over to physical sides.
It becomes a cancer in the team.
Yes elbows can be dangerous. But not that one. I am worried about the quality of your jaw.

We need to move past WHE, he is a liability that holds his game of single moments like the mark in the last quarter.

But will continue to get his gold pass every week. I doubt he gets dropped this week anyway

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Yes elbows can be dangerous. But not that one. I am worried about the quality of your jaw.

That one especially as he is prone and not seeing it coming, it is also to the back of the head not a great spot to be taking repeated successive blows. See below.

Strikes to the back of the head and neck are illegal in both Boxing and MMA. Just a few punches to the head or neck can cause deterioration of motor skills, and paralysis.

The Flagrant Desecration of Safety Rules in Boxing and MMA​

Rabbit punches are banned to the back of the head for that reason. No more viscous looking then the elbow except elbows do even more dmg feel your elbow and then your first....

That one especially as he is prone and not seeing it coming, it is also to the back of the head not a great spot to be taking repeated successive blows. See below.

Strikes to the back of the head and neck are illegal in both Boxing and MMA. Just a few punches to the head or neck can cause deterioration of motor skills, and paralysis.

The Flagrant Desecration of Safety Rules in Boxing and MMA​

Rabbit punches are banned to the back of the head for that reason. No more viscous looking then the elbow except elbows do even more dmg feel your elbow and then your first....

Give it up. No once is suggesting elbows can't be dangerous. Yes, it was cowardly but if you can't see that particular elbow as being relatively mild, then I wonder how much footy (or fighting) you have actually done.

Not late though, they remonstrated with late hits. Like this was he didn't jump in with ginnivan he came in late and jumped after him deliberately.
I grew up in late 90 and early 00s footy as a teen and this would of started an all in.
Nah. Heard Lyon and Watson talk about this today. Lyon said good morning to Rick Kennedy et al. All the full backs that would routinely whack him in the back of the head after a mark where the opportunity arose. My footy playing goes from 1970 to 2010 so a cross section of change. I reckon at worst that causes a few words and maybe some push and shove but it was a pretty standard act for most of when I played.

It was a minor blow with no ability to cause any significant injury. He got a week for the act deservedly but it was a long way apart from what got Maynard and DeGoey weeks in terms of risk to the player hit. The reaction of players like McCreery, who was right there, attests to its minor quality.

Yes. That's the one.

Doesn't have to make head contact but good solid hip and shoulder at the contest.
Now Brodies hit was one to make a stand about. He took out a bloke who didnt see him coming with a hip and shoulder to the head at full pace which knocked him unconscious before he hit the ground. If you are worried by Mansells act this should give you nightmares

P.S Brodie rightly got 6 weeks for that

Really? How many games do you need to see from these players to declare their capacity to contribute?
By contrast, we drop Reef after about 2-3 games of exposed form, where he showed quite a bit against Brisbane in particular.

In particular Bianco - what redeeming features do you see as a footballer?
Slow, not strong in the contest or tackling, not a great kick, not a great marking target, reactive?
Nice guy, but nowhere near a useful AFL footballer.

Not sure why we didn't play Reef vs Bianco. Reef has shown that he can hit the scoreboard. He is quick, can take a mark and snap a goal.
May not yet be fit enough and drifts in and out, but offers an ability to bop up and rove a ball or get on a lead and take a mark.
To bring in Bianco in the forward line for him is staggering to me.

I also agree with others that this week was not the one to leave Madgen out when Lynch and Riewoldt are two quality targets.
Moore and Howe did play too loose under the circumstances.

Needed to tidy up our shots on goal with our crumbing efforts.

Pro's were some of our running handball chains through the midfield from defence.
Also thought we kept pushing all day.

But we lacked size right across the ground. From Rucks, to tall marking forwards and backs and our smaller, younger players don't have the size in the contest and with tackling on a day when it is wet and slippery.

I need to see about 2 or 3 more games from those players.

Reef will be fine and should come back in at some point soon.

Now Brodies hit was one to make a stand about. He took out a bloke who didnt see him coming with a hip and shoulder to the head at full pace which knocked him unconscious before he hit the ground. If you are worried by Mansells act this should give you nightmares

P.S Brodie rightly got 6 weeks for that

Most the people I played for and against would of at a minimum acted how Maynard did with Mansells act. Was a king hit and gutless regardless and would of sparked it.

Holland also would of caused a brawl. Not my point. Used Holland's hit as a make them look over shoulder reference also stated not having to hit them high more coming off the line and bodying a player. Holland didn't connect head to hip either was a shirt front and his face hit the shoulder.

Lol degoeys 1 arm pinned tackle worse nah can still protect his fall. It's a joke that is reportable at all.

Maynard's is worse due to it basically being a running strike. Obviously a more severe strike in terms of impact.

But what's that got to do with this?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back