Preview Round 8 v Fremantle Sunday May 5th 1pm MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
who is the tall target in the forward line ?

we're just gonna bomb it in again and comes straight back out
That's the thing for me Ryan should have been there atleast there's some sort of structure with Lefau. Instead we go with 2 pure rucks.

Campbell needs a spell Coulthard should have come in. Macca out for McAuliffe or Smith.

To play in the VFL?

I’m a big Ryan fan…needs to be playing
I'm surprised he hasn't been played yet.
I'm thinking they don't want to put him in as the main forward, as he would be the second ruck to Nank. I wonder if he will be more likely to get a go when Balta comes back.
They may swap Lefau with Ryan. Give Lefau some time at VFL level to work on his forward craft a bit more and give Ryan a go when we have another decent forward in the team.
If we could rotate Nank with Ryan and Balta it would give us a few more options

I agree with that, a nice block of good games is the best scenario. Meanwhile we kick 5 goals a game with players that are locks every week doing very little at all and would be better off in the VFL building their game. Don't tell me Campbell is doing enough to keep his spot, and that he doesn't need to go back and work on getting the contested ball, kicking goals etc. Sure he has good potential, but he is pretty invisible at the moment. We carp on about Graham and MacIntosh not doing enough to warrant a place, but Campbell is doing far less. Cumbo might do better, meanwhile carry on.
It can be hard from the outside to understand why they do things, we can only guess.
Yes they could send Campbell back to the VFL to work on things, but perhaps they have said we will give you the opportunity to learn at the top level for a few weeks before sending you back.
Instead if finding it frustrating I'm just sitting back and watching with interest how Yze goes about things this year.
While we are showing commitment and fight on the field I'm happy whatever the team selection. That relaxed attitude won't last forever if they don't make changes as the year goes on, but I don't want to see kids coming and and going out every week.
Having said that I gone Sonsie gets a block of games now regardless of who is available to come back over the next 3 to 4 weeks.

I don't think it's about an agenda, it's more let's try something different. Add Ryan into the mix, he at least can play forward. In the last two weeks in the last half we have kicked a total of 5 goals.

Martin has kicked 2 goals in the last 4 matches, Graham 0, Campbell 0, Mansell 1. This has little to do with Cumberland, but about trying to add a bit of life to a forward line that is not functioning. So try or Cumberland, Ryan. Throw Broad down there, do something. But no, she'll be right.
I don't full agree on that. We had just as many shots on goal against Melbourne, just kicked a heap of points.
The match before WC slaughtered us in the midfield so we didn't get the forward entries to have enough shots on goal.
I actually like that the coach and match committee are jumping at shadows ATM.
We aren't making finals so I hope they approach the rest of the year with a plan of testing out what our youth can do, while maintaining a competitive balance with senior players.

Be interesting to see where Short plays and Pickett was great as a tagger. I reckon Kmac sub again. Grimes is not bad.

Based on selections for a few years, old brigade straight back in. Hopps can play, Prestia too. question mark over their durability. Last year Prestia was uninjured. Maybe he has an amazeballs Part II of the season.

Balta for Naischmidt first. Lefau holding his spot. Campbell probs needs rest, LOL Cumbo can't get a look in and Seth boy not dropped.

Kids getting games is a plus.

Green named at all is a Plus and he's OK in the VFL
HRS amazing game, staying in the team, looks like he's in favour. ditto Banks & Brown.

Sonz will be in and out until Prestia retires.

I like Ryan too. good footy skills just needs MRJ's dietician. Maybe Kosi improves a lot.

No Lynch for too long has killed us
I’m thinking it’ll be Miller forward and Short HB. Pickett tagging Serong

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m thinking it’ll be Miller forward and Short HB. Pickett tagging Serong
I hope Miller isn't moved. He's turning into a good defender. Why move him? At least we've got one part of the ground that's coming along very well.

Especially when Grimes wasn't playing.

I don't full agree on that. We had just as many shots on goal against Melbourne, just kicked a heap of points.
The match before WC slaughtered us in the midfield so we didn't get the forward entries to have enough shots on goal.
I actually like that the coach and match committee are jumping at shadows ATM.
We aren't making finals so I hope they approach the rest of the year with a plan of testing out what our youth can do, while maintaining a competitive balance with senior players.
All for trying out the youth, but when their form dries up they need a spell, this also goes for senior players but mainly youth, you don't do them any favours by playing them and it gives others a chance to show their worth, or not.

It can be hard from the outside to understand why they do things, we can only guess.
Yes they could send Campbell back to the VFL to work on things, but perhaps they have said we will give you the opportunity to learn at the top level for a few weeks before sending you back.
Instead if finding it frustrating I'm just sitting back and watching with interest how Yze goes about things this year.
While we are showing commitment and fight on the field I'm happy whatever the team selection. That relaxed attitude won't last forever if they don't make changes as the year goes on, but I don't want to see kids coming and and going out every week.
Having said that I gone Sonsie gets a block of games now regardless of who is available to come back over the next 3 to 4 weeks.
Agree as well, I am not actually frustrated, but would like to see a bit more variety and a few more players run through the game.

Let’s bring back KB Flea and any other premiership hero if that’s what warrants getting a game. 😝
Team selection should be based on best performing players and not by what you previously achieved.
Kmac hasn’t played a decent game for nearly two seasons and mini even dropped him.
The other dribble you’re been trotting out is that the old guys are protecting our kids.
The only kid that’s getting a game is actually Campbell. Campbell should’ve been dropped three weeks ago bc he’s dropped off and could easily be replaced with a Green, KMac2 or Smith
The rest are made up of :
mature aged players in LeFau and Young
Or players that have had 3-6 seasons and preseasons under their belts in MRj,HRS , Miller, Mansell, Sonsie Brown Banks etc.
To everyone’s astonishment everyone of those players barring Sonsie have out performed most of the premiership heroes . Sonsie will make it and step up easily if he’s giving a license to play midfield for three to four weeks.
Ryan you’ve also criticised and I’m not a fan of, but he’s played three very good vfl games and should be rewarded over Naismith bc he’s just a list clogger and the games gone way passed him. I want to see if Ryan now with his tail up can transfer his VFL form into AFL . He played around a dozen games last year and was good in four early ones and then tired off , but he’s got another preseason under his belt and needs to be looked at . He's also more of a natural forward to Naismith so we need someone to support LeFau. Naismith was a joke in that role last week as he was leading to the boundary line and the ball was just getting smashed over the line. Even if he marked it the chances of him getting a goal was low as witnessed by some of his kicking. He is also slow as treacle.
The sad thing is if we didn’t have these injuries Brown, HRS, Miller, Sonsie, Banks wouldn’t be playing bc the tractor army would be still getting games. Even Ross would’ve missed out. On our injury list the blokes that woul get a game would be TT, Lynch ,Ross and Balta . Bauer would be in the mix and Hopper , but with Hopper it would make us very slow bc KMac and JGTI with Dusty are in the team. You can’t drop Dusty bc he’s still got some magic in him and can be a match winner on any given day.
I wouldn’t have rushed Short back as he’s been terrible this year and really needs to find form in the vfl and gain full match fitness. JGTI and Kmac shouldn’t have played a game as they’ve been ordinary for ages now . They are both total list cloggers bc they hardly win a contest or the footy and have very ordinary disposal. This is due to their lack of speed and they’re either chasing or under the pump with the ball in hand. Grimes is another list clogger and has been fumbling and making basic skill errors in defence, yet he’s still trotting around. We are now the slowest side in the AFL and starting to resemble our dark days in the mid 80s to 2010. The only thing we can gain from this season is by playing all the guys that can take us to our next premiership , not premiership heroes who have fallen off the cliff.
Dimma told us all he couldn’t cook the snag another way anymore. He knew and opted out bc the list was Shizen housen as the old timers were burnt. He’s not stupid he’s playing 8-10 kids a week seeing who can cut the mustard. We’re living back in the 80’s and starting to run the place with no urgency expecting miracles will happen. As we found out at the end of 2016 you’ve got to check every employee in the place and get the best.
Good to see someone is on the same page as me. We all expect these inexperienced players to burst on the scene when selected without acknowledging it takes time. They aren't Daicos or Reid.
Yet we just see the same players getting preferred when they are available. It's brain numbing.

Why do I get the feeling the Cumberland angst is a subtle form of the leftover Sydney Stack angst.

Has anyone found the agenda to not play Cumberland, it is probably filed with the Sydney Stack agenda and the ARC footage from the Elimination Final.
It's funny, a lot of the big Stack fans seemed to transition over to Cumberland. If Cumberland gets delisted, let's hope they don't attach themselves to someone that's actually good.... 😝

It's funny, a lot of the big Stack fans seemed to transition over to Cumberland. If Cumberland gets delisted, let's hope they don't attach themselves to someone that's actually good.... 😝

Hopefully for your sake, they don’t jump on Sonsie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back