Opinion Sack Hinkley 10 - UnTENable

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm a big fan of a Miles Bergman fan but his interviews and pressers are just the pits.

I'll say the same as I said about Houston. Just so boring, by the book and spurting out what the club wants you to.

I get that Bergman has to tow the company line but no one in their right mind actually believes you when you say "we love the way we play" and "It's worked in the past".

This is wild. Sorry to intrude but we’ve had the exact same ball movement problems 2022-2023, and even our coach has figured out it’s probably not a good idea to just belt the ball in at every opportunity.

This gameplan works against crap teams who dont have a good back 6. Once you play decent teams it falls apart.

Not gonna have a go at Miles as he is just doing his best, but my god I wish everyone at this club would stop using the term successful. We've had 0 success since 2004. If we're being ultra lenient we could maybe give a tiny bit of credit to 2007.

Buiding towards success? Maybe, but show it. Everything we have done for the last 12 years needs to be looked at through the lens of 'that failed, where can we improve so we dont fail again?'

I'm a big fan of a Miles Bergman fan but his interviews and pressers are just the pits.

I'll say the same as I said about Houston. Just so boring, by the book and spurting out what the club wants you to.

I get that Bergman has to tow the company line but no one in their right mind actually believes you when you say "we love the way we play" and "It's worked in the past".
“We love the way we play” 😂😂

That’s not alarm bells ringing, that’s the town should have been evacuated an hour ago.

Miles mate, you kicked 5.18 and didn’t kick a major for close to half a game. Not to mention the brand of footy is borderline unwatchable far too regularly.

There’s towing the party line, then there’s this completely tone deaf rubbish.

Fair to say Alberton isn’t a high Footy IQ environment when it comes to either players or coaches these days.

This is wild. Sorry to intrude but we’ve had the exact same ball movement problems 2022-2023, and even our coach has figured out it’s probably not a good idea to just belt the ball in at every opportunity.

This gameplan works against crap teams who dont have a good back 6. Once you play decent teams it falls apart.
So we've known this for years, oppo fans know it, oppo coaches certainly know it. How long before anyone at Alberton finds out about it do you think? :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The players and coaches obviously don't watch any of our replays! If they love the way they play, they should give up football!

On SM-S711B using BigFooty.com mobile app
To be fair, what else is Miles gonna say publicly, "We can't stand Ken's game plan, but I guess we're stuck with it"?

I wonder how many pages the Sack Hinkley thread will eventually end up at?

It is amazing/depressing as discussed previously to think how simple it should have been to let Ken go at the end of 2017 when he wanted to quit and take the Gold Coast job. Yet here we are seven years later with a total of zero success to show for it and discussing the same deficiencies from one season to the next.

Is there any available data on what part of the forward 50 the opposition generate most of their scores from?

It appears like we concede most of our points from either 30m directly in front, or Joe the Goose stroll ins.

I thought Tyson Goldsack made an interesting comment last night on 5AA, almost conceding that our game plan could be a contributing factor to our poor performances. You won’t get an argument from Bigfooty mate, that’s exactly what it is.

Last edited:
To be fair, what else is Miles gonna say publicly, "We can't stand Ken's game plan, but I guess we're stuck with it"?
I totally get what you're saying, but you probably don't have to be a Harvard Graduate to know that when you've just been humiliated on the biggest stage by your arch rival, it's not a great idea to publicly blurt out "we love the way we play" etc.

But he would genuinely be totally oblivious to the fact that statement would rankle people, which just feeds into the thinking that these guys exist in a protected bubble out of touch with the supporters and whats going on outside, and the joke is in fact on us for actually caring.

I totally get what you're saying, but you probably don't have to be a Harvard Graduate to know that when you've just been humiliated on the biggest stage by your arch rival, it's not a great idea to publicly blurt out "we love the way we play" etc.

But he would genuinely be totally oblivious to the fact that statement would rankle people, which just feeds into the thinking that these guys exist in a protected bubble out of touch with the supporters and whats going on outside, and the joke is in fact on us for actually caring.
Unless my eyes have been completely deceiving me, it doesn't actually LOOK like they're enjoying themselves during games. I sense tension in the ranks - surely something has to give soon.

Alex Keath won a Showdown Medal against it.

Phil Davis received the only 3 Brownlow Vote game of his career against it.

Corey Enright, Jeremy McGovern, Tom Stewart and Jake Lever could/can be expected to have a day out against it, regardless of whether they’re 50 years old or have one leg hanging off.

Back to the well we go!

Alex Keath won a Showdown Medal against it.

Phil Davis received the only 3 Brownlow Vote game of his career against it.

Corey Enright, Jeremy McGovern, Tom Stewart and Jake Lever could/can be expected to have a day out against it, regardless of whether they’re 50 years old or have one leg hanging off.

Back to the well we go!
In a rather shameful turn of events, it all now makes perfect sense too. This is actually what we are coached to do, its not just a lack of composure or s**t kicking.

Also explains why our forwards don't move or create space. We are getting the inside 50s moite, just ballslap and the goals will come.

We have done this for a decade. Does Ken do anything at all, lmao. One day goes KICK IT INSIDE 50 FARKEN then just sits back in his puffer jacket.

It would make me feel better that's for sure! But I know he can't say that. However talking like that makes me lose respect for the players as well and I don't want to do that! Just keep quiet!!!

On SM-S711B using BigFooty.com mobile app

So we've known this for years, oppo fans know it, oppo coaches certainly know it. How long before anyone at Alberton finds out about it do you think? :(
It is being spoken about inside Alberton too.

There have been a few signs in the media with comments from Ken and Tyson but in general the messaging to the fans is terrible.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back