Toast Thank you Josh Kennedy

Remove this Banner Ad

Sad Cry GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Cant say much more that hasn't already.
Love this guy, from my home town of Northampton as an added kicker but it was his ability, his effort and his sportsmanship that made him what he was.
I still recall having a crack at posters a couple of years ago saying he was cooked and we should let him go and play JD and Allen only. Whilst he had lost some of his mobility and wasnt quite what he was he was still our best forward and I implored these posters to enjoy what time we have left to watch the bearded Jesus do his thing.
Now sadly that time has come, I hope everyone has enjoyed what he has done in the past 2 years because it has all been on pure guts that he has been out there holding up his beloved blue and gold wings on 2 shot knees . He has squeezed every last game out of himself for us to enjoy.

Happy retirement JK.

At his physical prime, what separated him from the rest of his contemporaries was the pressure he could put on opposition defenders. He was like a small in that regard. When paired with Darling, they made a pretty important duo to our set ups over the years i.e. the web.

You could go on about his footy exploits forever, but what is more important is he seems like a genuinely good human being. He's had a huge impact on the fabric of the club, and we are richer for him having joined us and pulled on the jumper for so many years.

Well done JK. Absolute champion of the game.

JK: Nothing but respect and admiration for the big fella.

Super talented.
Rare modesty.
Remarkably humble.
Great team mate.
Sensational Clubman.
Fan favourite.

Played the game in the right spirit and was tough at the contest but super fair.

Is one of my favourite all time ever Eagles.

Going to miss seeing the Big Fella playing.

Thanks JK for the memories.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Such a sad day. Would have been. Awesome if we had the last derby so JK could retire by kicking 10 against em. I really thought he'd go one more. Absolutely champion.

Someone at the club needs to, as a very tongue in cheek present, buy him the highest quality set of steak knives as that what he was deemed to be when he was traded to us

And Masten can present them to him. In extreme gratitude for Kennedy saving the trade and not making Judd for Chris Masten and Tony Notte look like the worst deal in history (which if Josh Kennedy wasn't a part of it, it would have been)! :cool::tearsofjoy:

Legendary player.

Disappointing to send him off with such a poor season, though does nothing to diminish his stellar career.

His first season in 2008 we finished second last and we will probably finish second last this season too!

illuminato confirmed

Someone at the club needs to, as a very tongue in cheek present, buy him the highest quality set of steak knives as that what he was deemed to be when he was traded to us

And Masten can present them to him. In extreme gratitude for Kennedy saving the trade and not making Judd for Chris Masten and Tony Notte look like the worst deal in history (which if Josh Kennedy wasn't a part of it, it would have been)! :cool::tearsofjoy:
They gave us Kennedy in lieu of giving up the no. 1 pick, which they used on Kruezer. The idea we didn't get JK but got the no. 1 pick and used it on Kruezer or Cotchin (who went no. 2) makes me very glad that Carlton didn't buckle!

They gave us Kennedy in lieu of giving up the no. 1 pick, which they used on Kruezer. The idea we didn't get JK but got the no. 1 pick and used it on Kruezer or Cotchin (who went no. 2) makes me very glad that Carlton didn't buckle!
Imagine we then take S Hill instead of
Nic Nat in 2008 because we already used pick 1 on a ruckman

Remove this Banner Ad

Back