Toast Thank you Josh Kennedy

Remove this Banner Ad

I know he's played 17 season but he still had his fair share of injuries. Reckon he would have had 800 if he played over 300 in that time frame

His elbow injury probably cost him 50 games at least.

Watching through these highlights

• he was an incredible kick off his left, very underrated
  • he’d have 800 goals if he was just a little bit more selfish, gave off plenty
  • when they erect his statue outside Optus, it should be JK leaning back slightly with those long arms of his outstretched celebrating yet another goal
This should be his statue

images%20(16).jpg

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Missing my personal favourite JK game - vs Port in 2016. His wife was a chance to go into labour so he waited until the day of the game to fly over. Still kicked a lazy 7 in a low-scoring win.

I also miss the flat-tracking days.

I do follow the Eagles and consider your Club like a brother, its sad to see the big man go. Lord knows I also owe him a beer or two for my winning bets over the years.

It would be remiss of all of us on here not to thank Carlton.

For letting go of this

1.png

And for the Eagles of turning that into this.....

2.png

champagne-cheers.gif

Somewhere on an empty beach in Zihuatanejo JK is hobbling towards Lecca who is scraping the barnacles off his boat readying it for the next voyage. Finally they are together again and free. Tears and fade to credits

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haven't looked through all the pages here so I'm not sorry if this has been posted already but it's worth another post. What a lad

They talk about how this came about in the Coast to Coast podcast around 33 minutes in.
can't stop laughing!

Some fun stats re Kennedy

Needs 4 goals to go past Nick Reiwoldt on the all time goal goal kickers list

Somewhere on an empty beach in Zihuatanejo JK is hobbling towards Lecca who is scraping the barnacles off his boat readying it for the next voyage. Finally they are together again and free. Tears and fade to credits

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Jesus man. Spoiler tags please.

Right in the GD feels.

The press conference really showed JK's character. Not an ounce of ego there. Truly a sight to see and will be sadly missed.
Watching all the highlights packages, it's incredible how often his goals come from Lecca's passes, and vice versa. As alluded to in his presser they were an epic pair.

Also his bag of 11.0 against GWS. That kind of accuracy just doesn't seem to happen nowadays.

View attachment 1464216
What a duo. Sad to see them gone :(
As far as being smart and having "forward craft" goes, these two and Darling were something to be reckoned with. How much space they could create for each other and they all reaped the benefits at different times.

You almost never saw any combination of these two go for the same ball.

They would be in the same packs, but usually only one went up while the others engaged defenders. That forward line and the "synergy" they had is unrivalled.

Throw Cripps in there as well and you see a great mix of not only smarts, but hard work and a great attitude to football.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back