Thanks, Mitch (#3)

Remove this Banner Ad

Animated GIF

Easy to focus on the ‘what if?’ of his career, but he had some fantastic seasons on field, as well as being a legend off field. Super talented footballer.

Mitch, if Bevo has been mean to you let us know. Flag or no flag we will eat him alive. Nobody puts Wally in a corner

Didn't sound like he was expecting it from his radio interview :worried:
he was interviewed fairly recently and mentioned he'd had discussions about his role in 2023. i thought we might keep him on at minimum chips in an unofficial coaching/mentoring role. its a brutal business

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got the most out of himself. Can’t stand the thought of him running around in another teams colours but he wasn’t getting a game with us. Sad to see him say he’s abit bitter with the exit obviously was expecting to get another year.

As others said would love him back as a coach at some stage.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Fremantle got Bob Murphy in to look after their 'culture'...
Can't think of a better person to carry out this important role at the Bulldogs than Wally.
This is absolutely true…but I reckon he should go do his own thing with another club and hopefully come back to the Dogs in the future.

He’s been in the same environment for a long time. He should go see how another club works, as a player or a coach, and come back to the Dogs with his own ideas.

I’d love to see him back one day. Seems like one of the nicest lads around.

This is absolutely true…but I reckon he should go do his own thing with another club and hopefully come back to the Dogs in the future.

He’s been in the same environment for a long time. He should go see how another club works, as a player or a coach, and come back to the Dogs with his own ideas.

I’d love to see him back one day. Seems like one of the nicest lads around.
Yep, just like Easton Wood - he is the kind of guy you want your daughter to marry.

There’s much talk of 2015 and how Bevo, Bob (and Stringer) performed that year and changed the club effectively, Mitch’s season that year often gets overlooked.

In the absence of Libba, he was very, very good. In our best handful of players then IMO.

His 2016 was also good before the broken leg.

Feel a bit sorry of him…reinvented his game to become a forward, did pretty well, then became obsolete through no fault of his own with Naughty, Bruce etc taking over.

Maybe if he was a few years younger, he’d have the time to revert back and replace a Dunkley, who knows, but he always had limitations with leg speed (elite hands in close though).

Likely finished up, but geez a North or Essendon could do much worse then ask the question. What a guy to set standards for a year or two with a young group.

All the best Mitch. A bulldog through and through.

There’s much talk of 2015 and how Bevo, Bob (and Stringer) performed that year and changed the club effectively, Mitch’s season that year often gets overlooked.

In the absence of Libba, he was very, very good. In our best handful of players then IMO.

His 2016 was also good before the broken leg.

Feel a bit sorry of him…reinvented his game to become a forward, did pretty well, then became obsolete through no fault of his own with Naughty, Bruce etc taking over.

Maybe if he was a few years younger, he’d have the time to revert back and replace a Dunkley, who knows, but he always had limitations with leg speed (elite hands in close though).

Likely finished up, but geez a North or Essendon could do much worse then ask the question. What a guy to set standards for a year or two with a young group.

All the best Mitch. A bulldog through and through.
Won the Ching in 2015.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back