The BBB Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

No this is not about Big Benny Brown as most of you probably thought. I will say this though, I think he might be very close to the end of his career, but that's another story.

Instead this is The BRING BACK BOOMER thread.

Ridiculous I hear you all say and yes he is probably finished as a footballer now, although as the super sub, I think by and large he could still do some good things rotated in late in a game.

Presently he is the games record holder and that's where I want him to stay. We deserve to have some sort of milestone to hang onto and it should be this. Boomer remaining for ever as the games record holder.

But this is at grave risk now, with Scott Pendlebury having just played his 390th game, 42 behind Boomer. The bloke looks like he could play on forever but he only needs to play every game remaining this year, every game next year and a handful of finals and he will surpass Boomer.

Which I don't want to see happen.

Surely our club deserves something like this to hang out hat on, otherwise why have a hat. Collingwood has so many other records/flags/awards to hang their hats on. They don't need this one as well.

We only need Boomer to be redrafted next year and play a handful of games as the super sub and surely Pendlebury will get the message and say enough is enough.

So, I say "BRING BACK BOOMER".

No this is not about Big Benny Brown as most of you probably thought. I will say this though, I think he might be very close to the end of his career, but that's another story.

Ridiculous I hear you all say and yes he is probably finished as a footballer now, although as the super sub, I think by and large he could still do some good things rotated in late in a game.

Presently he is the games record holder and that's where I want him to stay. We deserve to have some sort of milestone to hang onto and it should be this. Boomer remaining for ever as the games record holder.

But this is at grave risk now, with Scott Pendlebury having just played his 390th game, 42 behind Boomer. The bloke looks like he could play on forever but he only needs to play every game remaining this year, every game next year and a handful of finals and he will surpass Boomer.

Surely our club deserves something like this to hang out hat on, otherwise why have a hat. Collingwood has so many other records/flags/awards to hang their hats on. They don't need this one as well.

We only need Boomer to be redrafted next year and play a handful of games as the super sub and surely Pendlebury will get the message and say enough is enough.

You boomers really stick together...

He wouldn't be the first footballer we've brought in lately who's finished and offers nothing.

Records are made to be broken. Meanwhile our club is on the path to breaking more records - bad ones. If we're hanging our hat on the achievements of past players we're really screwed. What did Denis use to say? If you keep looking in to rearview mirror you crash into the car in front of you. That's us. Except our car is nearly a write-off anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back