Toast The Curious Case of Jack Darling

Remove this Banner Ad

Ahhh Jack.

The AFL community couldn't believe our luck when he slipped as far as he did. A few school camp antics perhaps gifted us a race horse for pennies.

He's still got the potential to be a very good pressure but hot damn he's a frustrating player.
He seldom wins a 1 on 1 contest, he misses a lot of very kickable set shots and when the team plays bad he's even worse.

What's the solution? Play him until he snaps out of it or is it time for a WAFL stint?
I don't see anyone banging down the door to replace him but I don't see how we can carry him either.

Thoughts? Am I being harsh?

He has just gone into safe mode like alot of our players. Just wants a long, stable career where he can get by each week doing the bare minimum and still pick up his pay cheque.
Yes seems like he enjoys playing well but doesn't want to risk injury. Don't win a flag playing like that

You made a thread at half time, they generally arent preplanned

I've been around on for forum for around 10 years. Go through my history and look at my thread creations.
I'm not a knee-jerk type.

It's something I've noticed and seen a thread created notification come up on my phone and I've remembered to make it.

Take a bath pal, you're clutching at straws.

Yeah I'm not a fan at this point. He's consistently far too vanilla given his athletic ability.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's lost his confidence when kicking for goal, but is still a very valuable player. You know Darling is going to go in hard and provide an option.

leCras, McInnes, Masten.... just embarrassing. If Priddis isn't on the bottom of packs - what exactly is he doing? I'm sick of seeing that waddle he calls a run.

Bizarre time to post this. Was good today apart from being inaccurate and he isn't alone there.

I don't know why everyone thinks he is athletic too. Sure he has good straight line speed but he has no agility and an average leap.

Bizarre time to post this. Was good today apart from being inaccurate and he isn't alone there.

I don't know why everyone thinks he is athletic too. Sure he has good straight line speed but he has no agility and an average leap.

The thing is he used to be able to turn on a dime and his forward pressure was unprecedented. That's all gone now.

He could have kept us in the game if he had kicked straight.
8 shots on goal for a 1 goal return?

Not entirely his fault though, just worth noting that games like today can turn on the effectiveness of 1 player sometimes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back