Toast The Curious Case of Jack Darling

Remove this Banner Ad

https://thewest.com.au/sport/west-c...st-player-in-the-comp-right-now-ng-b88841612z

West Coast’s Jack Darling ‘the best player in the comp right now’
Jack Darling’s colossal performance in West Coast’s 47-point win over Richmond has seen former Fremantle midfielder Paul Hasleby declare him the best player in the competition.

I've always found Hasleby to be balanced and respectful in his commentary.

LOL jokes he's a tool with the personality of a dial tone.

how many people (too many WCE supporters as well) should be eating their words right now.

this guy has had so much unwarranted crap said about him and he is giving them all a great big **** you at the moment.

what an incredible game today and his form is amazing.

long live the king.

Any coincidence JD has gone up another level since Ryan went down?
Don't get me wrong, he has been good whilst Ryan was in the side, but there were no 5+ goal games then.
Helps without someone jumping on your head all the time lol.

Don't get me wrong, he has been good whilst Ryan was in the side, but there were no 5+ goal games then.

I hope Ryan is watching what Rioli is doing at the moment - front and square.

With Darling, Waterman, JK and the rucks up there - so many crumbs...

Killed me yesterday the number of times all our blokes would go up and no one stay down.

Went to my first game at the new stadium with my Richmond mate. As I said before, he absolutely detest's us. But even he was stunned by Darling. He is without doubt, the strongest and one grab marks in the league. Incredible to watch and only if you played the game do you get an appreciation of just how Bruce some of his marks have been this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In a strange way Ryan’s high flying has possibly embarrassed Jack s continual attempts to mark on the chest now he seems free to just launch at the ball and pull down overhead marks ..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Haven't been bothered reading back through this thread but I'd wager there's several (justified) comments critical about Darlings penchant to play for frees and inability to keep his feet as a result

I doubt it's a coincidence that he's removed that from his game and is having a much greater impact now he's focused on attacking the footy. Has been brilliant this year and is a joy to watch

Gaff's nailed this on the steamed Hams about Bock, yes his marking has improved 45 fold this year but the amount of times he's gone and spoiled a ball when he was no chance at marking it has been players code is no more this year. Something he wasn't doing previous barnacles.

Gaff's nailed this on the steamed Hams about Bock, yes his marking has improved 45 fold this year but the amount of times he's gone and spoiled a ball when he was no chance at marking it has been players code is no more this year. Something he wasn't doing previous barnacles.

2aon4g.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back