Boxing The General Boxing Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Needed more action from Maloney. He kinda handed his belt over. Had some moments but not enough. Last minute was exciting, but too late she cried.

Yeah he seemed a bit gun shy, the other fella looked very good. Only 8-0 but a K1 champ so he's got experience on the big stage.

Inoue proving again he's the best in the world, hit the deck and then destroyed him, I missed the fight but will find a replay. Of the top tier he's the most active, has won titles in several divisions by now, is great to watch and is a finisher.

Good to see Sam Goodman in the ring taking an opportunity to call out Inoue. Looked like there was an agreement between the two.

“Either give up the belts, or fight me, let’s get it on,” Goodman said.

Yeah I think they want to do it in Australia, geez what a win it would be if Sam could pull it off, I really doubt it though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Goodman honestly has way less chance than Nery as he doesn't have any stopping power to drop Inoue. He'll need to win minimum 7 rounds without being hurt, the chances of that are slim to none

Good on him daring to be great but I could think of safer ways to try and make a dollar...

F**k I forgot Inoue was fighting tonight. I was home sitting around doing nothing too.

This is why I should check this thread every day!

I am with Fenech on Goodman wanting to fight Inoue. It is almost sporting suicide for him.
I have watched a couple of Goodmans fights onTV. He does not look in the same class.I think it would be a very early night for Inoue.Goodmans bouncing style will make an easy target for a puncher like Inoue.

Goodman honestly has way less chance than Nery as he doesn't have any stopping power to drop Inoue. He'll need to win minimum 7 rounds without being hurt, the chances of that are slim to none

Good on him daring to be great but I could think of safer ways to try and make a dollar...

Absolutely. I mean there's a difference between taking on the best in the world at tennis and at boxing, he's going to cop a pounding unfortunately.

Absolutely. I mean there's a difference between taking on the best in the world at tennis and at boxing, he's going to cop a pounding unfortunately.
Goodman would be his easiest opponent since Dipaen which was a keep busy fight before Donaire. Inoue will do whatever he wants in this one unfortunately. Goodman offers absolutely nothing Inoue will be worried about, and maybe that works in Sams favour being overlooked, but Inoue doesn't strike me as lazy, he'll put a beating on...

I have only seen snippets of the Maloney V Takei.
With so much experience, you would think that Maloney would have been able to read the fight better than he did.I think from what I can gather Maloney won a round mid fight. Surely he would have read the fight as moving his way at that stage.
Either he has no ring nous, or he thought he would have enough gas to KO his opponent in the last.
Very disappointing.
Hopefully his brother is a better reader of a fight.
I am no expert, just love boxing and over many many years have watched some great Aussie fighters.

I have only seen snippets of the Maloney V Takei.
With so much experience, you would think that Maloney would have been able to read the fight better than he did.I think from what I can gather Maloney won a round mid fight. Surely he would have read the fight as moving his way at that stage.
Either he has no ring nous, or he thought he would have enough gas to KO his opponent in the last.
Very disappointing.
Hopefully his brother is a better reader of a fight.
I am no expert, just love boxing and over many many years have watched some great Aussie fighters.
He was very defensive early. Coming forward but not actually doing anything. It seemed clear he wanted to take it late and wear on the less experienced fighter

He took way too long to get going. Seemed to struggle with the length/combinations, not necessarily in any danger but struggled to get anything going himself. Very timid, even when his corner was screaming at him to be first or throw his right, he didn't.

Like all champs he probably has a rematch clause but it's not a fight I'm clamouring to see again. Probably loses by more next time as Takei gets better cardio and better at controlling a fight

He was very defensive early. Coming forward but not actually doing anything. It seemed clear he wanted to take it late and wear on the less experienced fighter

He took way too long to get going. Seemed to struggle with the length/combinations, not necessarily in any danger but struggled to get anything going himself. Very timid, even when his corner was screaming at him to be first or throw his right, he didn't.

Like all champs he probably has a rematch clause but it's not a fight I'm clamouring to see again. Probably loses by more next time as Takei gets better cardio and better at controlling a fight
You said better at cardio, this is an avenue that Maloney should have been able to read.His experience should have told him his opponent was waning.
If they fight again, I would say that Takei will only have one more fight, hadly enough to learn much more than he knows now.
Hopefeully, if the rematch goes ahead, it is on Malonys home soil.
Big weekend here in Perth Loma and Kambosis.I don't see Loma losing to George.KO mid rounds, maybe earlier.

You said better at cardio, this is an avenue that Maloney should have been able to read.His experience should have told him his opponent was waning.
If they fight again, I would say that Takei will only have one more fight, hadly enough to learn much more than he knows now.
Hopefeully, if the rematch goes ahead, it is on Malonys home soil.
Big weekend here in Perth Loma and Kambosis.I don't see Loma losing to George.KO mid rounds, maybe earlier.
He definitely should have known to go earlier

Takei would have learned so much more from it than Moloney though. Sometimes you need to go through the fire...

Don't think Kambosos has a snowballs chance tbh but he sat down Teo so who knows! Hope he does win

Decent card Sunday other than the random womens title fight as comain?

I have no idea why Khataev/Bolotniks is on this card but not complaining. Khataev is Beterbiev in his style but not as good yet obviously. Bolotniks is a tough out for a guy in his 6-7th fight

2x HW fights should be entertaining even if Browne and Opelu are journeymen.

I'm a bit over the Moloneys but adds a decent scrap and obviously the main event.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back