Oppo Camp The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread (NNFD&MCT) VIII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Christ they've ******* hung him out to dry with this. Could've just given him a quick script of talking points to go over but it seems like they completely put him on the spot. This might even make it worse for himself with the non-committal "slipped" and "to anyone this may affect" wording

Christ they've ******* hung him out to dry with this. Could've just given him a quick script of talking points to go over but it seems like they completely put him on the spot. This might even make it worse for himself with the non-committal "slipped" and "to anyone this may affect" wording
i know they have a lot of virtue signalling to adhere to but 5 weeks for a quip is completely out of balance with other offences,

i know they have a lot of virtue signalling to adhere to but 5 weeks for a quip is completely out of balance with other offences,
I don't mind putting people on the sidelines for grossly offensive comments, but I agree about balance - Lachie Shultz punched a bloke in the back of the head and got a week. Do that in a pub and you'd be facing a criminal charge

I don't mind putting people on the sidelines for grossly offensive comments, but I agree about balance - Lachie Shultz punched a bloke in the back of the head and got a week. Do that in a pub and you'd be facing a criminal charge
Additionally people are quick to compare the AFL with other workplaces, in Corp land where i work this would amount to maybe stood down for a week at worst and some remediation training providing it was not a serial offender, hard to believe many laces would stand someone down with a clean record for 5 weeks!

I’m glad they are serious about this and I really don’t like the “virtue signalling” dismissiveness, but they’ve gone from three weeks the first guy to five weeks this time - if the strategy is to escalate until the offence is stamped out that is a)not the way they manage any other action they want to discourage and b) going to see someone suspended for life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back