Competitions The Pieman 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Should we run a “Reverse Pieman” or possibly a “Marra” for players who kick points, bonus points for hitting the post and shanks OOB? Half points for not making the distance at all

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

PIEMAN RESULTS Rd 10 v GWS

Thirty scoring shots. It could have been another high scoring night in the Pieman but alas we only kicked 8 goals. Fortunately it was enough for the win, so I won't complain. With only six goalscorers a Chump seemed unlikely but we did in fact get one.

Carryovers and Pieman Substitutes

There were 14 carryover teams but no subs were needed.

1716212920947.png

The KELVIN

It may have been a bit fortunate last week but there was nothing fluky about TiAn_ 's second Kelvin in a row. He got in early on Harmes and Darcy and once again they led the goalscoring. His 3x Harmes and 2x Darcy (168) was just short of the highest score possible this week. I doff my cap to him. The Chump went to ossie_21 for a handy 134 points including a 38 pt bonus. Third place went to lateniter (133) whose Hail Mary selection received the appropriate divine blessing. These three were the only ones to crack 100 this week.

The average score was 50.37 and the median was 44.

1716213429352.png

The PIEMAN
Tenacious as ever, chez_ferret clings onto the lead he has held since the start of the season, but TiAn_ who won this comp in 2022 is rapidly closing, only 11 points behind. Two weeks ago TiAn_ was in 24th spot and 291 points behind the leader. He brings hope to all of us battlers in the middle of the pack. Or worse. In third place is ossie_21 who has been in the top 10 for a while but has now had a solid couple of weeks himself. Bulldog rick and Buckingham haven't gone away - they are still within 80 points of the leader.

1716213912793.png

Pieman Player of the Week
For the second week running James Harmes is the PPotW. He's unlikely to get under the handicapper's guard a third week running!

Best possible score was 176 for 3x Harmes and 2x Vandermeer
Best possible Chump was 154 for Harmes/VDM/Darcy/West/Jamarra (110 + a bonus of 44)

1716214507564.png

Pieman Player of the Year
It's a VERY tight race for PPotY. Sam Darcy has just snuck in front of the Bont with leading goalkicker Aaron Naughton only a few points back in third.

1716214710281.png

Last edited:
Early Game in Rd 11

Don't forget we have the Thursday game this week. I think teams are announced on Wednesday so I'll get the handicaps posted as soon as possible. Make sure you have your players picked and posted here before the first bounce on Thursday. (You can of course just let your Round 10 team carry over).

Last edited:
PIEMAN ROUND 11 v SYDNEY
DON'T FORGET THIS IS THE THURSDAY GAME! GET YOUR TEAM SELECTIONS IN EARLY.

AFL Team | Round 11

Western Bulldogs v Sydney Swans
Thursday May 23, 7:30pm AEST
Marvel Stadium, Docklands • Wurundjeri
Broadcast: Channel 7, Fox Footy/Kayo

B: Lachie Bramble, Liam Jones, James O’Donnell

HB: Taylor Duryea, Alex Keath, Bailey Dale

C: Bailey Williams, Adam Treloar, James Harmes

HF: Laith Vandermeer, Aaron Naughton, Jack Macrae

F: Sam Darcy, Jamarra Ugle-Hagan, Rhylee West

FOLL: Tim English, Marcus Bontempelli, Ed Richards

INT*: Caleb Daniel, Riley Garcia, Anthony Scott, Harvey Gallagher, Joel Freijah

EMG: Rory Lobb, Luke Cleary, Ryley Sanders
* One of the extended bench likely to be named WB sub.

Pieman Handicaps
1716372879673.png

Pieman Substitutes

If needed, subs will be applied in the following order:

Harmes
Darcy
Vandermeer
West
Ugle-Hagan

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back