The war against renewable energy

Remove this Banner Ad

When renewables are producing renewables, where are the emissions?
That's the goal but it hasn't happened. Melting the silicon for solar panels or creating the concrete for turbine towers, neither is possible in practice at scale

That's the goal but it hasn't happened. Melting the silicon for solar panels or creating the concrete for turbine towers, neither is possible in practice at scale

Both are possible and at scale and it’s happening now.

The % of renewables in the grid world wide is increasing at an exponential rate… which means renewables are producing renewables.

Both are possible and at scale and it’s happening now.

The % of renewables in the grid world wide is increasing at an exponential rate… which means renewables are producing renewables.
I wish you were right but no;

Solar panels are made with coal/gas power, the cement for wind turbines is all fossil fuels(let alone the petrochemicals in the blades)

The copper required for both is all mined by diesel machines and the ore is transported by bunker fuelled boats, the refining is done by coal based power mostly.

Renewables have done really well and let's keep going with the electrification, we must be honest with the manufacturing process. Can't just hand wave it away by a percentage

I wish you were right but no;

Solar panels are made with coal/gas power, the cement for wind turbines is all fossil fuels(let alone the petrochemicals in the blades)

The copper required for both is all mined by diesel machines and the ore is transported by bunker fuelled boats, the refining is done by coal based power mostly.

Renewables have done really well and let's keep going with the electrification, we must be honest with the manufacturing process. Can't just hand wave it away by a percentage

What a load of rubbish … of course you can.
If 60% of renewable power is used for the production of a million solar panels .. then 600,000 panels were made from renewables.

It’s called mathematics…

Copper mine in Chile…

Last edited:
Remember when people argued renewables were more expensive??? Idiots

Records being Brocken 6 weeks before the shortest day of the year.

Beat me by 1 minute
Your commentary was better

it not that surprising, but it's note worthy the huge development we are seeing in batteries

It feels like every week we have new development that pushes the limits.

Your commentary was better

it not that surprising, but it's note worthy the huge development we are seeing in batteries

It feels like every week we have new development that pushes the limits.

Wait until the grid can unlock more rooftop solar…, currently I’m export limited to 5kw… I have 15kw on the roof.
Victoria is in the process of doing this with some capable inverters..

Rinehart bases this on a report from the IPA and claims that one-third of Australia’s agricultural land would “have to be sacrificed” to renewable energy developments to meet Australia’s energy needs with a 50:50 mix of wind and solar by 2050.
The way we're going we'll "sacrifice" more than that for housing instead.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Or Dutton Morrison Joyce lining up to sink the slipper into SA energy strategy

Funny how they no longer do that, except to lie like bandits

Last year saw renewables reach 30% of total world energy production. It was 5.9% in 2009.

While an impressive stat, CO2 and related related emssions are at an all time high.

You can deduce from this that the growth in energy is being provided for by renewables but the fossil fuels aren't decreasing. The high energy demand of things like cloud storage and AI are terrible additions

Without a decrease in energy consumption this is all useless, also as usual see Jevons paradox, efficiency can't save us
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jevons_paradox

While an impressive stat, CO2 and related related emssions are at an all time high.

You can deduce from this that the growth in energy is being provided for by renewables but the fossil fuels aren't decreasing. The high energy demand of things like cloud storage and AI are terrible additions

Without a decrease in energy consumption this is all useless, also as usual see Jevons paradox, efficiency can't save us
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jevons_paradox

So we are looking at extinction driver right now?

NSW energy grid struggled today.. I did my bit by exporting all my battery into the grid during peak time…
Don’t get a house battery they said… they aren’t worth it they said.
Not bad for 1 day.

IMG_2480.jpeg

Well done, you have profited from people that rent
lol… how?

It’s not my fault the LNP didn’t have an energy policy for 9 years…

This spike was caused by coal plants going offline ..: NSW was also isolated from Vic… my battery, along with a few thousand more, linked to AMBER electricity were working in tandem to actually increase the supply of power during a spike period … if anything it helped renters by bringing the spot price down.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back