List Mgmt. Trade & Draft Discussion 2023 post season - Picks Reid,30,40,49,66 (Bush league)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Eagles fans!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Keys you may like to sticky this post & move it to the start of the thread (so the sticky post doesn't rotate if a post is deleted before it), or copy it to your draft thread if you have one.

Tom Delonge Wtf GIF

Smillie and Moraes the two with the biggest upside heading into next year. Will be interesting if they can develop quickly and show that they are worthy of their rankings. They don't have the same amount of runs on the board as say Smith but imo have higher ceilings.
Who’s the quickest with elite disposal out of the top 5 WCE_phil ? That’s who we need.

Competition will be important

Question for you on Gaff. The rule changes with 666 and Stand have been a negative for him. Will Simmo just keep picking our training endurance beast regardless of form? Making him sub for 1 game last year was hardly delivering a harsh message.

I am aware he was trying to be an inside mid and his body took the toll. My problem is he looks a has-been but there is widespread belief he is one of the first to be invited to Simmo’s bbq. Competition for spots is important - but there needs to be aligned with match selection integrity

ATG - I think everyone who watches footy understands how the change in rules has affected Gaff in particular which obviously makes him vulnerable come selection time.

Bit early but would love Sam Lalor, has all the skills just needs to put it all together next season and he’ll be right up there

We don't control the media. There's nothing wrong with that back page and we don't need to protect him from that.

If club media was posting this then it would be annoying.

This is the west Australian. They are giving what the readers want and are buying

0DB1F79A-B703-4AC0-84C0-5AAB55B3CA97.jpeg

The above is not normal

Consider that Harley Reid is still just 18 years old

Yes there is interest in Reid from Eagles supporters but the absolute garbage being churned out is way over the top

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 1861961

The above is not normal

Yes there is interest in Reid from Eagles supporters but the absolute garbage being churned out is way over the top
Embarrassing from the paper but at least it's not the club churning out this tripe.

Smillie and Moraes the two with the biggest upside heading into next year. Will be interesting if they can develop quickly and show that they are worthy of their rankings. They don't have the same amount of runs on the board as say Smith but imo have higher ceilings.

Yep Christian Moraes would be my choice, but I’m betting he’ll be the number 1 pick next year ended the year real well and he’ll continue that next year

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It's sick, just sick, how much it delights me that in 20+ years, our purple friends have had about 3 months respite from complete dogshit backpages like:

'Eagles' Number 9 keeps it cool on and off the field with mystery flame and an iced latte'.

May the Reidmania wankfest continue for a thousand years.

Yep. Massive Buss fan. Good in the contest and great disposal. 2024 keep 1R for final midfield piece, trade 2R for Buss (swap F2s too if sweetener needed), make sure we have points to match a bid for Champion if the VFL actually agree to NGA 20+ and pick up Baker as a FA. Job done.
I don't get why people think Busslinger is gettable

Let alone for a R2 pick.

He's only been at the Dogs 1 year and they're not stocked with KPDs.

View attachment 1861961

The above is not normal

I just don't see how it's even legal to do it.

Surely there's grounds for him to get a lawyer and sue them for harassment. Can't pick up a paper without seeing his face plastered all over it. Just like tabloid gossip magazines get sued, so should The West. At the very least, the amount of articles they write about him should be capped.

This is all before he plays a poor game as well, gee whiz.

I don't get why people think Busslinger is gettable

Let alone for a R2 pick.

He's only been at the Dogs 1 year and they're not stocked with KPDs.
The dogs won’t be able to pay him with Naughton’s new deal AND JUH, English, Bailey Smith, Sam Darcy etc all OOC at the same time and still hasn’t played a game. They are stacked with talls and although I acknowledge their young talls played KPF in their underage years, they can’t fit them all into one team and someone like a Sam Darcy or Jordan Croft might have to learn their craft in defence given they aren’t displacing English from ruck or fitting into a forward line that has JUH and Naughton in it.

The offer to return home, playing with the most exciting young list in the AFL whilst skipping the shit years it took to acquire that talent and being on far more coin that the dogs can ever offer would have been a fairly attractive option I would have thought.

The dogs won’t be able to pay him with Naughton’s new deal AND JUH, English, Bailey Smith, Sam Darcy etc all OOC at the same time and still hasn’t played a game. They are stacked with talls and although I acknowledge their young talls played KPF in their underage years, they can’t fit them all into one team and someone like a Sam Darcy or Jordan Croft might have to learn their craft in defence given they aren’t displacing English from ruck or fitting into a forward line that has JUH and Naughton in it.

The offer to return home, playing with the most exciting young list in the AFL whilst skipping the s**t years it took to acquire that talent and being on far more coin that the dogs can ever offer would have been a fairly attractive option I would have thought.
That would be attractive for a player, but is it attractive for WC?

That would be attractive for a player, but is it attractive for WC?
Looking at our KPD then absolutely. Gov and TB struggling to stay on the park with Bazzo and HEdwards all that is left. I hope to be proven wrong but I don’t think either will make it as a KPD. Bazzo hopefully as a 3rd tall.

I just don't see how it's even legal to do it.

Surely there's grounds for him to get a lawyer and sue them for harassment. Can't pick up a paper without seeing his face plastered all over it. Just like tabloid gossip magazines get sued, so should The West. At the very least, the amount of articles they write about him should be capped.

This is all before he plays a poor game as well, gee whiz.

There are multiple indicators that he's likely gettable.

Dogs with academy player JUH and multiple tall father sons coming in over the past couple of years has the Dogs overloaded with quality talls. Darcy looks like going into defense as they dont have room to play JUH, Naughton, Croft and a resting ruck in the forward half.

Their salary cap will be stuffed after JUH, Naughton and Engish re-signing.

So he's out of contract, behind a long list of talls waiting for opportunities and we can offer a longer contract for more miney. And game time. We also need a Gov replacement.

Pretty clear why we feel he's on our radar in a big way.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back